website statistics
Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018
Posted

For me there was only one penalty, the Darmian handball. I think the other handball was less clear cut and was more kicked towards his hand (though I would not have said it was an injustice to award it either, it was not a clear decision either way).

Posted
10 minutes ago, Agger said:

The Irish fans had some fun in Copenhagen! :p

Hahaha, there's no telling what our lot get up to when we are in town   :rofl:. Looks like our fans had great craic in Copenhagen :). I saw clips of Irish fans and Danes in the city watching the game on the streets and looked like a great party. I imagine there was one or two beers drank last night :d

Posted
9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Northern Ireland getting absolutely fucked by the referee, who gives Switzerland a penalty because a ball hit the back/shoulder of an Irish player... (which in the referee's world is the same as his arm)

Well Switzerland always have a lot of luck :d. Don't forget they should have seen a red card too in the opening minutes for a terrible challenge on Dallas which he never recovered from. It was a straight red offence in any normal situation.

24 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Bronze Shoe Winner 

• :ENG  Rhian Brewster 

Silver Shoe Winner 

• :ESP Segio Gomez 

Golden Shoe Winner 

• :ENG Phil Foden 

Golden Boot 

• :ENG Rhian Brewster ( 8 Goals ) 

Golden Glove 

• :BRA Gabriel Brazao

What is the difference between the Golden Shoe and Golden Boot? I presume Golden Shoe must be the player of the Tournament award but come on, we already have Golden Boot.... could they not come up with a better name than Golden Shoe for this award? :p

Posted
9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

'hitting' as in, kicking the ball in such a way that the ball touched the toe of Casillas, preventing the 1-0 :p 

One of the worst moments ever in our football history :d

Well, combined with Rob Rensenbrink hitting the post in the extra time of the 1978 World Cup final when it was 1-1

Ahh, that makes sense to me now :d.

#NeverForget :d