Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

hckosice

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

1,513 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Wow, now I see that Crnković won points despite 2 misses! I was sure it was perfect shooting when I heard that he made top 40, but looks like he is a speedy guy. :d

Our first World Cup points after Oslo in 2010. :d:thumbup:

also seeing his fast skiing today, if he´ll able to keep this form, PyeongChang may be real for him

The festive period is over so back to reality :lol:  and what a return to the reality it was, we send only three mens athletes to Oberhof  and they managed the 59th, 73rd and 84th fastests skiing times,  just disastrous... The young Michal Kubaliak achieved his careers result in his first this seasons race and qualify for his first ever Worlds highest level pursuit race, in the pusuit we will have also Matej Kazár, 2 participants on Saturday, this is the only positive thing from todays race, Kazár s "walk" run and Martin Otčenáš awful prone shooting can not means anything else as no points to the world cup standing today.

at least we maintained 14th place in the Nations cup, so after 8 events we are still with full team in PyeongChang 2018...but still 14 qualifying events to go :zip:

Spoiler

15826268_1375637412469477_59201065421699

tomorrow it may be even worse in the womens side, since we have only 2 athletes in Oberhof. Gereková and Poliaková, I´m worried we will drop down in the womens ranking..hopefully not too much...

thanks god there only 1 qualifying event in Oberhof...next week in Ruhpolding we are supposed to compete again with our full team including Kuzmina.:fingers:

how can crnkovic qualify to olympic games?

only via ibu qualifying points right? how does that work?

32 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

how can crnkovic qualify to olympic games?

only via ibu qualifying points right? how does that work?

yes there will be max. 6 quotas eligible by IBU qualifying points (if S. Korea will manage to finish in top 22 of the Nations Cup) or 5 quotas if S. Korea will not be among the top 22 Nations Cup countries at the end of this season 2016/17. so he must be among the best 6 athletes from the already non qualified countries.

Gerade eben schrieb hckosice:

yes there will be max. 6 quotas eligible by IBU qualifying points (if S. Korea will manage to finish in top 22 of the Nations Cup) or 5 quotas if S. Korea will not be among the top 22 Nations Cup countries at the end of this season 2016/17. so he must be among the best 6 from the already non qualified countries.

And how the ibu points list works, can you see it somewhere?

How many results are taken into account for the points (one or more). This is really complicated.

And waht happens if some of the top 22 nations do not use fully the quota. Will this increase the number of indivdual quotas or not?

5 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

And how the ibu points list works, can you see it somewhere?

How many results are taken into account for the points (one or more). This is really complicated.

And waht happens if some of the top 22 nations do not use fully the quota. Will this increase the number of indivdual quotas or not?

yes it is really tricky and complicated. the problem is IBU isn´t very friendly when it come to revealing those lists, I don´t know where find them too :( maybe @heywoodu can help you more about this since he work with the points counting for his beloved Brazilian team.

Not sure, but I think unfortunately all those unused quotas will remains unused

11 hours ago, hckosice said:

yes it is really tricky and complicated. the problem is IBU isn´t very friendly when it come to revealing those lists, I don´t know where find them too :( maybe @heywoodu can help you more about this since he work with the points counting for his beloved Brazilian team.

Not sure, but I think unfortunately all those unused quotas will remains unused

The lists are not available anywhere. Last season I had a wonderful excel sheet to work out the list after every competition, but since IBU made some small changes in the format of their PDF's, the excel sheet doesn't work anymore..

The list itself is not overly complicated by the way, basically they take the average of the three best results of an athlete in a certain time period.

That moment when everyone is off to the tracks for an easy and short training and you're like "meh, its -15 degrees, I'll see you later" :p

Biathlete falls on course. Eurosport commentator says: "I hope that rifle is alright." :p

What a result from Sloof! :clap:

What a shock! Grzegorz Guzik not only qualified to pursuit but also first time in his career won World Cup points, and was in top30 :yikes::yikes::hyper::hyper: It are our first points in men's world cup since 2011 when Tomasz Sikora retired :woot:

Also today Gwizdoń was 8th and Guzik was 11th, best result for us in this season :banana:

as expected..the Japanese girls took the oportunity that we competed only with 2 girls here, and after Oberhof we are 18th !!! in the Nations Cup...what a shame ! Can´t believe it...how deep we felt, this is just embarassing, I would have never believed that we will be in so much serious troubles in qualification for PyeongChang...but well, what can we do...now we have just to pray and hope that things will be better in the second part of the season, the good thing is this was the only race counting for the qualification period this weekend in Oberhof, next stage in Ruhpolding will have 2 qualifying events in the program (relay and sprint) and we are supposed to compete with our full team

Still there some positive things to find today, Jana Gereková clearly improved her skiing times, 35th fastest time is pretty decent looking on her previous races this season. pitty for this last target with clean shooting it would be 10-11th place..at least it´s nice points for the world cup standing and good position for the pursuit.

and about Poliaková...it was very bad today, shooting and skiing altogether.. very bad.

Spoiler

Image may contain: 2 people

Posted (edited)

Am 6.1.2017 um 08:30 schrieb heywoodu:

The list itself is not overly complicated by the way, basically they take the average of the three best results of an athlete in a certain time period.

If i understand the system well, then for 2018 OG qualification via ibu points the results which will count will be the one of the last trimester this season and the first two next season as they take the average of the best 3 results of the last 3 trimesters?

That actually means the great result of Crnkovic in Oberhof will not count :cry:

Edited by prso1000

2 hours ago, prso1000 said:

If i understand the system well, then for 2018 OG qualification via ibu points the results which will count will be the one of the last trimester this season and the first two next season as they take the average of the best 3 results of the last 3 trimesters?

That actually means the great result of Crnkovic in Oberhof will not count :cry:

He didn't start in the Pursuit for some reason. Shame, wasted opportunity.