website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

George_D

14 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

I'm not a fan of Wilson's routine. He has a bunch of small technical mistakes that should be more severely deducted. I have to say I'm rooting for Hambuechen because he's fought so hard for an Olympic gold medal... But I still think Zonderland will win again. My personal top 3 would be Hambuechen, Zonderland and Leyva for a medal, but we can't really count on Hambuechen and Leyva hitting their routines... Both are very inconsistent.

Alright, women's team final tonight and since we are in there, I'm even more interested :d 

USA for gold unless all of them fall down on every apparatus I guess, but from my limited perspective it looks like the fight for the other medals could be very close.. only Japan, Germany and the Netherlands without a medal chance normally based on the qualifying results, and Brazil with a chance for a medal if they have a fantastic day? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hora atrás, heywoodu disse:

Alright, women's team final tonight and since we are in there, I'm even more interested :d 

USA for gold unless all of them fall down on every apparatus I guess, but from my limited perspective it looks like the fight for the other medals could be very close.. only Japan, Germany and the Netherlands without a medal chance normally based on the qualifying results, and Brazil with a chance for a medal if they have a fantastic day? 

I'm more inclined to believe China and Russia will settle for silver and bronze. Russia had many serious mistakes in Qualifications and they still managed to finish third. Brazil had a fantastic day in Qualifications and still finished behind US, China, Russia and Great Britain. I can't see a medal for Brazil even in my most optimistic dreams, unless everything goes wrong for Russia and Great Britain.

About Van Gelder: Saturday he qualified for the rings finals, after which he and Epke Zonderland were in the studio of the Dutch TV to talk about their performances. The NOS (our broadcaster) had them brought back to the Village, after which Van Gelder went to the "Holland House" (where our medals are celebrated, it's awfully quiet there so far :p ), where people saw him drinking and smoking. Around 1am he went out and went to some night club in Rio :facepalm: and only arrived back in the Village around 6am making all kinds of noise according to sources there :facepalm:

Yuri, you fucking idiot. A disgrace for our sports. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

15.933 for Mustafina on UB :yikes:

1 minute ago, Federer91 said:

The only intrugue is whether the US will win with +10 or -10 difference.

True, for people who only care about seeing who wins the gold medal ;)