Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


heywoodu

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

Recommended Posts

Federer91    179

You see almost every day some kind of natural disasters around the world, but that Portugal fire was/is something special, if you could call it that. I have an interest, ever since a child, on natural disaster documentaries and shows from Discovery and others, and i have a feeling that in the future, this particular fire would be making a regular appearance. :(  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    1,109
1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

You see almost every day some kind of natural disasters around the world, but that Portugal fire was/is something special, if you could call it that. I have an interest, ever since a child, on natural disaster documentaries and shows from Discovery and others, and i have a feeling that in the future, this particular fire would be making a regular appearance. :(  

 

Sadly, I think you are right. Full with stories about the completely encircled towns.

 

I can't understand why there aren't any firefighting planes from Italy, France, Germany, whatever going down there. It's a couple of hours of flight time (maximum) and those Portuguese heroes who have been fighting their hearts out for more than 48 hours now so desperately need some relief.. (apart from the Spanish help they're getting)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gianlu33    374
3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Sadly, I think you are right. Full with stories about the completely encircled towns.

 

I can't understand why there aren't any firefighting planes from Italy, France, Germany, whatever going down there. It's a couple of hours of flight time (maximum) and those Portuguese heroes who have been fighting their hearts out for more than 48 hours now so desperately need some relief.. (apart from the Spanish help they're getting)

Italy sent 2 canadair whit 2 team of Vigili del Fuoco . France and Spain sent some firefighting planes too, they have an european plan..

Edited by Gianlu33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gianlu33    374
4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

@dcro Check in please, you alive? :p

 

86a1c31871.png

 

 

big earthquake in Croatia? :p Croatia use INGV system and they say that it's only a 2.2

wFMLBEiwSmKs6mQFHhN0GQ.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    1,109
4 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Italy sent 2 canadair whit 2 team of Vigili del Fuoco . France and Spain sent some firefighting planes too, they have an european plan..

Wonderful, I didn't hear anything about this earlier today, but that's 'good' news!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    1,109
Just now, Gianlu33 said:

big earthquake in Croatia? :p Croatia use INGV system and they say that it's only a 2.2

wFMLBEiwSmKs6mQFHhN0GQ.png

'Felt', not 'big' :evil:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gianlu33    374
1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

'Felt', not 'big' :evil:

I think that you can't felt an 2.2 eartquake :p 

Edited by Gianlu33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    1,109
Just now, Gianlu33 said:

I think that you can't felt an 2.2 eartquake :p 

That is most definitely not true :p 

 

It all depends on depth, where you are etc.  If there's a 2.2 earthquake at 8km depth right under your feet, you'll definitely feel it :d 

Edited by heywoodu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    964
12 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Check in please, you alive? :p

 

:d

 

Only 2.2, but right next to my place. However, when my mother came and ask whether I felt it I was like: "Wasn't that a thunder?". :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    1,109
Just now, dcro said:

 

:d

 

Only 2.2, but right next to my place. However, when my mother came and ask whether I felt it I was like: "Wasn't that a thunder?". :p

I'd prefer a 2.2 earthquake over a thunder that feels like a 2.2 earthquake :p 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×