website statistics

Rio de Janeiro Summer Olympic Games 2016 News

Again, i never argued that USA Basketball are bigger, then Phelps or Bolt. But on par with them

So let's open up the question. out of all the athletes in Rio, if you will ask every sports fan in the world, which athletes will be overall most recognizable?

I Think it will be USA Basketball, Phelps, Bolt, Dojokovic, Murray. (Maybe Simone Biles as well)

Just now, nenad said:

put 12 swimmers on the pictures and ask then how many people know :d but not here because these are sports fans here, very well educated in all sports.

here is basketball not popular at all :( Im only sure that everyone knows is Jordan ( I hope I'm right ) :d

5 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Again, i never argued that USA Basketball are bigger, then Phelps or Bolt. But on par with them

So let's open up the question. out of all the athletes in Rio, if you will ask every sports fan in the world, which athletes will be overall most recognizable?

I Think it will be USA Basketball, Phelps, Bolt, Dojokovic, Murray. (Maybe Simone Biles as well)

The four you mentioned for sure and probably Neymar too.

But I´m sure a majority will recognize your basketball players as well :)

hace 9 minutos, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Football players are bound to be more popular than any basketball especially when there's no James, no Curry. Durant or Anthony might be the most popular but nowhere near the level of a Neymar. Or a Bolt. Or the Tennis Big 4. Or a Serena.

hace 17 minutos, Maxim Fastovsky said:

The most recognizable are Bolt, Nadal, Djokovic, Neymar and Phelps. And that's it.

Murray is famous, but I don't think he's particularly liked outside of UK.

Gymnastics isn't popular at all outside of your country and Russia/East Europe, so I don't think many people would tell Biles apart.

EDIT. Serena Williams is very popular too.