website statistics

Tennis 2016 Discussion Thread

rybak

Just now, heywoodu said:

I know what a "game" means in tennis :d

However, winning 1 game in 11 rubbers seemed so impossible that I couldn't believe it :lol:

Actually in 14 rubbers by the way :p 

I know you know :d

Well, I have to say I was really surprised to see a Gulf country sending a team... so any little effort toward development is appreciative. 

Typo, sorry.

2 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

I know you know :d

Well, I have to say I was really surprised to see a Gulf country sending a team... so any little effort toward development is appreciative. 

Typo, sorry.

And judging by this photo it looks like they don't have to play "covered", which I can imagine would hinder them a lot:

160416_284411_bahrein.jpg

So that's awesome :) 

Besides, they're all young (14, 15 since this week and 19), so there's actual potential to grow a team there. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

And judging by this photo it looks like they don't have to play "covered", which I can imagine would hinder them a lot:

160416_284411_bahrein.jpg

So that's awesome :) 

Besides, they're all young (14, 15 since this week and 19), so there's actual potential to grow a team there. 

Yes, it looks like they didn't play covered. Their talent is unknown to me, but this is first step and I believe they gained some experience.