website statistics

Shooting Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

hckošice

On 15/06/2021 at 18:09, dcro said:

No idea. There are no more eligible athletes in women's trap (between unqualified nations), so we are in a scenario which was not foreseen in the qualification system (lol).

If they reallocate it to the next two highest ranked athletes (from any nation) - :FIN:TUR

If they reallocate it to the next two highest ranked athletes (not already qualified in W trap specifically) - :TUR:CYP

If they reallocate it to the next two highest MQS athletes (from any nation) - :GER:GER

If they reallocate it to the next two highest MQS athletes (not already qualified in W trap specifically) - :GER:KUW

Still no update on these quotas? :dunno:

2 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Flagbearer? 

Probably :d but there's still no official confirmation. One interesting thing is that there was a debate on whether we should send him to Tokyo after receiving the allocated place, some people wanted to give the chance to younger shooters. But to be fair, Hoang Xuan Vinh retired to give them chances at qualifying events, and none of them made it.

Just now, River Knight said:

Probably :d but there's still no official confirmation. One interesting thing is that there was a debate on whether we should send him to Tokyo after receiving the allocated place, some people wanted to give the chance to younger shooters. But to be fair, Hoang Xuan Vinh retired to give them chances at qualifying events, and none of them made it.

And what about weightlifting ? Any news if they are allowed to compete ?

3 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

And what about weightlifting ? Any news if they are allowed to compete ?

No idea, our local news reported as if we got off the hook after being allocated 3 places but of course the committee is still working on our case.

On 27/06/2021 at 20:32, stepansevs said:

Hmm Nymburský is 3rd after 1st group of qualification in World Cup in Osijek, Nepejchal is 7th. So it seems that our best shooter will not go to Tokio :-(

Well, I would disagree. Filip is a great talent but achilles tendon injury made a mess in his training. Moreover, he was mentally during WC competitions and other but when it came to the Olympics, the pressure totally ate him. Přívratský and Nymburský are currently in the better condition, no doubt. And Hrkulčák shew very good performance in two consecutive competitions. So no doubt to call these 3. Filip is a great shooter, but after injury, he lost his physical condition, gained some weight. Nothing against him but I am sure he will be ready for Paris. He is such a great shooter but this year, no big result. I understand the decision of the Czech shooting federation .... 

On 28/06/2021 at 15:07, hckošice said:

Patrik Jány thanks yesterday bronze in the 50m Rifle 3 positions race in World Cup in Croatia, officially confirmed his qualification also in this event, he was expected to compete there by having the required mqs 2 years ago, but now it is definitely confirmed.

So 2 events for him at his debut Olympics, his main discipline the 10m Air Rifle, and is more than happy to hear that he will stay in the olympic village the whole week to compete also in the 3 positions

204926608_1748931558830274_7402114299466

Patrik is one of the athletes I believe can make an Olympic medal !!! 

2 hours ago, Jan Linha said:

Patrik is one of the athletes I believe can make an Olympic medal !!! 

I doubt. He does not have such experience from grand finals as shooters from India, China, Russia or Ukraine. It is clear for me that the medals will be divided there. In shooting, the experience of such an event is the most important factor as for example among others how to master the extreme mental pressure (well, if you are not named Virginia Thrasher :d).

But he is for sure a talent for the future. Any new pb from him will be great and any result around the final 8 obviously super

ISSF released the current entry lists for individual events: https://www.issf-sports.org/getfile.aspx?cshipid=2626&mod=docf&pane=1&inst=449&iist=118&file=OG-Tokyo_Entry-list.pdf

According to their press release, “the composition of Mixed Teams and their numbers by events will be known at a later date.” 

Source: https://www.issf-sports.org/news.ashx?newsid=3604

Women’s Trap is the event with the least amount of entries at 26, while Women’s 10m Air Pistol is the largest event with 53 entries. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela