website statistics

Basketball 2016 Discussion Thread

hukbrazil

On 9/17/2016 at 22:35, hckosice said:

we lost in Albania :champion:

please stop funds !

How is it ever going to improve if you stop funding? :p 

I've heard our NOC boss talking like this: "These and these sports (swimming, equestrian, judo) disappointed in Rio, we might give them less money"...that only makes it worse :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

41 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

How is it ever going to improve if you stop funding? :p 

I've heard our NOC boss talking like this: "These and these sports (swimming, equestrian, judo) disappointed in Rio, we might give them less money"...that only makes it worse :lol:

I mean only for mens, we really don´t need it. our mens basketball sucks as heck...it´s  not that we are not competitive in this sport...we actually never was. since our independance we barely win some matches. The second thing is that because our stupid laws about the sport state funding, which say that the amount of funds of the state for each sport is literally determined by the popularity of the sport in the country. and since mens team doesn´t interest anyone but really anyone, really it´s probably the less popular mens team in the country. most suffer of it the womens 

No seriously if you ask me it´s about a long while that I´m persuated that is Better to dissolve the whole mens section (at least for some years and TRY to keep working only with juniors) and move the whole focus and support to womens which deserve it much more.

2 minutes ago, hckosice said:

I mean only for mens, we really don´t need it. our mens basketball sucks as heck...it´s  not that we are not competitive in this sport...we actually never was. since our independance we barely win some matches. The second thing is that because our stupid laws about the sport state funding, which say that the amount of funds of the state for each sport is literally determined by the popularity of the sport in the country. and since mens team doesn´t interest anyone but really anyone, really it´s probably the less popular mens team in the country. most suffer of it the womens 

No seriously if you ask me it´s about a long while that I´m persuated that is Better to dissolve the whole mens section (at least for some years and TRY to keep working only with juniors) and move the whole focus and support to womens which deserve it much more.

That sounds a lot like our men's basketball a while back, the decision to stop the national team was even already made..until some magic happened and all of a sudden some good stuff came out :d 

Wanna borrow some magic? :evil:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Has begun the "new" FIBA Champions League 2016/17 with the qualifying round (leg1)

Openjobmetis Varese :ITA won 75-72 agaist SL Benfica :POR  (at Lisbon), the second leg takes place in Italy on Thursday and the prize is a berth in the Regular Season of the Basketball Champions League.

Other three Italian teams are already into Champions League 2016/17:

• Banco di Sardegna Sassari
  • Sidigas Avellino
  • Unmana Reyer Venezia

The Regular Season will play from 18th October

Full results

• 2 weeks later...