website statistics

Swimming Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

53 minutes ago, hukbrazil said:

Yannick Agnel, in theory, will not defend the Olympic title of the 200 freestyle: https://swimswam.com/controversial-finish-keeps-defending-olympic-champ-agnel-200-fr/

Very interesting stuff. And Stjepanović still holds the world lead in 200 freestyle

16 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Manaudoud unqualified at Rio 2016 in 100 freestyle :yikes:

As long as he qualifies for the 50 free, which is his event, I see no problem :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

54 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

As long as he qualifies for the 50 free, which is his event, I see no problem :p 

Really? He wont be able to swim the individual mens 100 free, although many people saw him as a gold medal contender. I think this is quite a big upset. On the other hand he will probably win 2 gold medals, so this wont hurt him too much. I think that athletes like Grangeon, Santamans or Joly all will be selected in the end, so no need for all the stress, in addition to that many athletes will be selected for the relays, so France will probably have about 20 athletes in swimming at the olympics.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

French Trials are now over. Here's who qualified to individual events based on the times.

Charlotte Bonnet - W 200m Free

Coralie Balmy - W 400m Free

Florent Manaudou - M 50m Free

Jeremy Stravius - M 100m Free

Clement Mignon - M 100m Free

Camille Lacourt - M 100m Back

Also up to 6 men and 6 women will be selected to the team, plus relays.