website statistics

Ice Hockey 2018 - 2019 Discussion Thread

phelps

• 2 weeks later...
6 ore fa, hckosice ha scritto:

New Rule ! :crazy:

c'mon, man! example #1 is not even a penalty! never!!!

example #2 to me is also a no penalty, but I could accept a 2-min minor if the charging player comes really from behind (not from the front or the side of the opponent getting hit)...

example #3...2-min minor, not more than that (5-min major -and no game misconduct...I'll never understand why a 5-min penalty must go together with a game-penalty :wall:- only if the hit comes from the blind side, which is not the case of that example)...the match penalty must be given only if the hit comes from behind and smashes a player with his face against the boards (because that's really dangerous)...

basically, with rules like this one, someone like the great Scott Stevens would have never had a chance to start a hockey career, instead of being one of the best defencemen ever (and one of the dirtiest players ever, I must admit)...

bye-bye ice hockey...welcome "field hockey on the ice" (or women's hockey played by men, if you prefer)...:facepalm::wall:

Edited by phelps

today the Spengler Cup 2019 started in Davos...

the opening match between :CZE Ocelari Trinec and :RUS Metallurg Magnitogorsk was a really close one, it looked more like a true championship match rather than the exhibition that the Spengler Cup actually is...

finally, the Russians did take the victory home after the penalty shootout, since regulation and OT ended with a 1-1 tie...

to be noticed, Trinec's backup goalie Peter Kvaca didn't play a single second in regulation and OT, but was chosen to play the PS...unfortunately, he got an apparently really bad (surely very painful) injury on the second Metallurg penalty...it definitely wasn't his day...:(:cry::facepalm:

Edited by phelps

9 minutes ago, phelps said:

c'mon, man! example #1 is not even a penalty! never!!!

example #2 to me is also a no penalty, but I could accept a 2-min minor if the charging player comes really from behind (not from the front or the side of the opponent getting hit)...

example #3...2-min minor, not more than that (5-min major -and no game misconduct...I'll never understand why a 5-min penalty must go together with a game-penalty :wall:)...the match penalty must be given only if the hit comes from behind and smashes a player with his face against the boards...

basically, with rules like this one, someone like the great Scott Stevens would have never had a chance to start a hockey career, instead of being one of the best defencemen ever (and one of the dirtiest players ever, I must admit)...

bye-bye ice hockey...welcome "field hockey on the ice" (or women's hockey played by men, if you prefer)...:facepalm::wall:

I agree. with this rule, you now basically without problems can get rid of a puck in desperate defensive action and just wait that someone can not stop his move to hit you and you´ll easily earn a power play for your team

and now the host team, :SUI HC Davos is on the ice facing their traditional rivals, :CAN Team Canada...

it's quite an entertaining match so far, with the Canadians leading 2-0 after about 25 mins of play (thanks to a goal that should have never been allowed, but the refs finally awarded after the video replay, despite the evidence of the pictures :facepalm:)...

Spengler Cup (in Davos, SUI) - 6 Teams, 2 Groups of 3 Teams, All Teams qualify for the KO round, Group winners receive a bye and advance directly to the Semifinals, the 2nd and 3rd Teams from both groups will play a cross-over Quarterfinal match.

Preliminary Round 

Day 1 Results

Group Cattini

20:15  HC Davos (SUI) - Team Canada   1-2

Provisional Standing: 1. Canada 3, 2. Nurnberg 0*, 3. Davos 0

Group Torriani

15:30  Oceláři Třinec (CZE) - Metallurg Magnitogorsk (KHL, RUS)   1-2 After Penalty Shoot-Out

Provisional Standing: 1. Magnitogorsk 2, 2. Třinec 1, 3. Kuopio 0*

Spengler Cup (in Davos, SUI) - 6 Teams, 2 Groups of 3 Teams, All Teams qualify for the KO round, Group winners receive a bye and advance directly to the Semifinals, the 2nd and 3rd Teams from both groups will play a cross-over Quarterfinal match.

Preliminary Round 

Day 2 Results

Group Cattini

20:15  Thomas Sabo Ice Tigers (GER) - HC Davos (SUI)   2-3

Provisional Standing: 1. Canada 3, 2. Davos 3*, 3. Nurnberg 0

Group Torriani

15:10  Kalpa Kuopio (FIN) - Oceláři Třinec (CZE)   3-1

Provisional Standing: 1. Kuopio 3, 2. Magnitogorsk 2, 3. Třinec 1*

another tactical battle (euphemism...big euphemism...actually, another boring slow pace match) in Davos...Kuopio upset Metallurg 1-0 after OT and win the Torriani group, so they have a rest day tomorrow and will be back in 2 days already at the semifinal stage...

this year we're definitely not seeing our usual Spengler Cup, with high scoring games and the most classic athmosphere of an exhibition tournament (this said by a big fan of close and low scoring games...but at least once a year it would be good to enjoy something different)...:nopompom:

Preliminary Round 

Last Day Results

Group Cattini

20:15  Team Canada - Thomas Sabo Ice Tigers (GER)   6-2

Final Standing:

1. Canada 6, 2. Davos 3, 3. Nurnberg 0

Group Torriani

15:10  Metallurg Magnitogorsk (KHL, RUS) - Kalpa Kuopio (FIN)   0-1 After Overtime

Final Standing:

1. Kuopio 5, 2. Magnitogorsk 3, 3. Třinec 1