website statistics

Equestrian FEI World Games 2018

AlFHg

I guess this could quite easily be the last World Equestrian Games. Bromont withdrew from hosting, Tryon stepped in as late replacement, and really showed nothing that would inspire aspiring hosts. There are still no candidates for 2022 edition.

It's not all bad news, I guess with separate championships we could see more diverse countries hosting championships. Australia and New Zealand would finally be able to host a big eventing competition again.

#banbestmen

13 hours ago, dcro said:

Not sure if you're talking about dressage or eventing, so I'll do both. :p

In dressage, Brazil should be the favorite for the second spot, but their level is dropping, so Mexico and Argentina should definitely have a chance for a surprise.

In eventing it very much depends on how many teams qualify here. It's quite possible that none of the American teams will make it (USA has been anything but consistent over XC in recent years, even though they'll be very determined this time), in that case it will be USA and CAN as the favorites. If USA makes it, then it will be hard to beat CAN and BRA. Finally, if two teams make it here, then Ecuador will have a very good chance.

Thanks a lot for the answer.