website statistics

Modern Pentathlon at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

https://www.uipmworld.org/news/uipm-official-statement-kim-raisner-ger-disqualified-tokyo-2020-olympic-games

The UIPM Executive Board (EB) has given a black card to the Germany team coach Kim Raisner, disqualifying her from the remainder of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.

The EB reviewed video footage that showed Ms Raisner appearing to strike the horse Saint Boy, ridden by Annika Schleu (GER), with her fist during the Riding discipline of the Women’s Modern Pentathlon competition.

Her actions were deemed to be in violation of the UIPM Competition Rules, which are applied to all recognised Modern Pentathlon competitions including the Olympic Games.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just got around to watching yesterday's show jumping portion....what on earth is wrong with Schleu?! I mean, disappointed, understandably, but the way she treated that horse was utterly disgusting...

I'm not googling because I still have the laser run to watch, but surely she'll get quite a penalty for this? Good that the horse at some point was basically like 'screw you' and outright refused, good riddance.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Just got around to watching yesterday's show jumping portion....what on earth is wrong with Schleu?! I mean, disappointed, understandably, but the way she treated that horse was utterly disgusting...

I'm not googling because I still have the laser run to watch, but surely she'll get quite a penalty for this? Good that the horse at some point was basically like 'screw you' and outright refused, good riddance.

Her coach was expelled, she got involved at the side.