website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Progressive Slovakia way off those numbers according to Reuters and AP. It’s looking more like another populist victory :(

…So Slovakians basically looked at the current GOP (to draw parallels to the US), and thought, “I want that.” How unfortunate.

Yeah, pretty bad Sunday morning here. :(

Once again we will return to the dark times and be the shame of europe :(  Disaster, everything this country has build just gone like that... well, one thing you must give credit to Russia, they know how to use their crap disinformations propaganda and fool older dumb people in countries like this black hole I live in...

The only positive news is Republika is out of the parliament with 4.88 % :p and their predecessors the ultra neo-nazi gang bang around Kotleba get even astonishing 0.88 % I could not stop laugh :lol: one good thing tonight, Finally after 8 long years of stench in our parliament came the time to say them adios and fuck off forever :bye: :yes

meme already going around our web

"Nomen Omen: When you get deserved score" :d

Edited by hckošice

So, the official results of the 2023 parliamentary elections in Slovakia.

7 Parties made it to the parliament.

Sadly it was Smer-SD who won and with 42 seats are pretty safe to form the coalition with their twin-party Hlas-SD (Voice-Social Democracy) which are basically completely composed of former members of Smer, so yeah that is for that, and with the 10 seats of the SNS (Slovak National Party) are set to form a more than 75 seats required majority...

PS-Progresívne Slovensko (Progressive Slovakia) and SAS (Freedom and Solidarity) the two Liberal parties will be only in the opposition.. The remaining 2 parties are OĽANO (previous elections winner and previous PM anti-corruption party) and KDH (Christian Democratic Party)

As already mentioned, the only positive news of the night is the fail of the far-right Republika, missing the parliament (THANKS GOD ONCE AGAIN FOR THAT), the other most noticeable info is that :HUN minority will not be represented for the second time in the parliament in a row as their Aliancia-Szovetseg party failed to make the parliament as well.

image.png

Seats distribution (Parliament consist of 150 deputees, the majority is 76, as you see Smer, Hlas and nationalists from SNS will make it)

image.png

Map of :SVK shows that the rural areas was the deciding factor this time, as Progressive Slovakia won only in the metropoles of Bratislava and my Košice

image.png

Interesting is that from the almost 60000 votes coming from Slovaks living abroad, Progresívne Slovensko obliterated the competition completely, sadly Slovaks living in the country seems dumber than our compatriots living abroad :(

image.png

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

Seats distribution (Parliament consist of 150 deputees, the majority is 76, as you see Smer, Hlas and nationalists from SNS will make it)

One small bright side: I see a grand total of only 7 parties in parliament. Ours has 150 seats as well, but the previous elections (2021) resulted in 17 (!) different parties being elected into parliament :lol: (with the biggest 3 resulting in 75 seats, so the smallest possible combination would have been 4, the whole thing resulted in the longest formation since WW2)

The whole thing collapsed earlier this year, so next month we'll have new elections. So far, according to the polls, 16 parties are likely to end up in parliament (which includes two parties who were separate last time but have now merged to get big), while 18 isn't impossible neither.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

shoot-myself.gif

3 minutes ago, hckošice said:

shoot-myself.gif

The bodyguard in the back is holding the folder with Putin's instructions for their meeting? :rolleyes: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

17 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

One small bright side: I see a grand total of only 7 parties in parliament. Ours has 150 seats as well, but the previous elections (2021) resulted in 17 (!) different parties being elected into parliament :lol: (with the biggest 3 resulting in 75 seats, so the smallest possible combination would have been 4, the whole thing resulted in the longest formation since WW2)

The whole thing collapsed earlier this year, so next month we'll have new elections. So far, according to the polls, 16 parties are likely to end up in parliament (which includes two parties who were separate last time but have now merged to get big), while 18 isn't impossible neither.

Well. You barely have a threshold while Slovakia's is at a rather high 5%. Eventhough it's good news that Republika didn't make it that's too high for my opinion. Almost 1/6 of all votes were "wasted" on parties who weren't elected.

5 minutes ago, Agger said:

Well. You barely have a threshold while Slovakia's is at a rather high 5%. Eventhough it's good news that Republika didn't make it that's too high for my opinion. Almost 1/6 of all votes were "wasted" on parties who weren't elected.

I'd be happy with at least some of a threshold, compared to what we've got now...and the way things are going, next time we'll have 20 parties if not more, with everyone and their mother separating from their current one to start something new.

On 9/30/2023 at 5:54 AM, Olympian1010 said:

Elon Musk publicizing a post calling support of the AfD in German elections :facepalm:

Considering how poeple are being banned for harmless jokes while holocaust deniers, neo-nazis and ultra-MAGAs are thriving it's not much of a surprise!

But I like the response

4 hours ago, Agger said:

They could try to remedy those “dead” votes by reallocating them to the voters next party of choice. They’d have to change the law to allow ranked-choice voting though.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela