website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

27 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That's an interesting thing for a national mourning day :mumble:

why ? it always like this, at least here..

here the official announcement http://195.46.72.16/free/jsp3/search/view/ViewerPure_en.jsp?Document=..%2F..%2FInput_text%2Fonline%2F16%2F10%2Ftbtbexac0dp.dat_120400.1%40Fondy&QueryText=

6 minutes ago, hckosice said:

I don't mean I don't believe you (I'm guessing a Slovak knows more about Slovakia than me :p ), I just thought it was interesting to see that on a national mourning day gambling isn't allowed. Just because I don't really understand the connection between mourning and not being allowed to gamble (it's like closing restaurants and things like that). 

So to be clear: no disrespect, I just found it interesting :)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I don't mean I don't believe you (I'm guessing a Slovak knows more about Slovakia than me :p ), I just thought it was interesting to see that on a national mourning day gambling isn't allowed. Just because I don't really understand the connection between mourning and not being allowed to gamble (it's like closing restaurants and things like that). 

So to be clear: no disrespect, I just found it interesting :)

´well, I assume because SVK is almost a second Vatican...you know Gambling is a evil :d

no, I don´t know exactly the reasons, but it´s in our laws. if you click on any betting website like this http://www.ifortuna.sk/sk/stavkovanie/ or this https://live.nike.sk/odstavka/mobile/index.html you´ll find message that according to law the betting is unauthorized because of mourning day.

btw in Slovakia gambling is unauthorized also during Easter Friday and Easterd Sunday the whole days and first Christmas day as well, it´s in our laws :d

Am I seeing it right that his coffin is being driven around on a piece of artillery? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, Agger said:

That's actually not unusual.

If my coffin was driven around on artillery, I think it'd be pretty damn awesome :p 

These kind of big funerals here only happen with the most important members of the royal family. Usually the horse thingy with the coffin arrives at the "Nieuwe Kerk" (New Church) in Delft then, where it's unloaded and after a ceremony in the church (live on TV) it's being carried down under the church where the "burial chambers" are:

Spoiler

bijzetting-nieuwe-kerk-delft.jpg

6 minutes ago, hckosice said:

exact. Slovak president is automatically also the supreme commander of the slovak army, so logical :dunno:

pohreb Michala Kováča, lafeta,

Kováč prevoz rakva

I gotta show this to my dad, being an artillery man himself I think he'll like this :p 

Today there is a State Dinner between USA and Italy in Washington. Obama will host the Prime Minister Matteo Renzi and his wife, Roberto Benigni (actor and oscar-winner), Paolo Sorrentino (film director and oscar-winner), Bebe Vio (Italian paralympic athlete and gold medal in Rio 2016), Raffaele Cantone (President of the Committee on Anti Corruption), Giorgio Armani (stylist), Giusi Nicolini (Lampedusa's Mayor), Paola Antonelli (director of the MOMA museum) and Fabiona Giannotti (Cern's director).