website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Question for the Brazilians: now that the "coup" against Dilma has succeeded and the rich elite managed to get her out of their hair, why won't the elections be held earlier? Why have a "fucking corrupt shitface" (sorry for the words, it's a literal quote from a Brazilian friend of mine :p ) as acting president for more than 2 years instead of simply moving the elections earlier, so there can be another democratically chosen president as soon as possible? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 horas atrás, heywoodu disse:

Question for the Brazilians: now that the "coup" against Dilma has succeeded and the rich elite managed to get her out of their hair, why won't the elections be held earlier? Why have a "fucking corrupt shitface" (sorry for the words, it's a literal quote from a Brazilian friend of mine :p ) as acting president for more than 2 years instead of simply moving the elections earlier, so there can be another democratically chosen president as soon as possible? 

Yeah I have this question too! I would guess that's because if they had elections, Dilma would candidate herself and win again? :mumble:

2 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

Yeah I have this question too! I would guess that's because if they had elections, Dilma would candidate herself and win again? :mumble:

How would she win if she's not very popular anymore? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 horas atrás, heywoodu disse:

How would she win if she's not very popular anymore? :p 

Well, she didn't seemed popular on the last elections either (at least according to the news that I saw here about people in the streets shouting against Dilma), but at the end she won....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Colombians voting against the peace deal between the governtment and the rebels, whaaaat! :mumble: Granted i have no clue about the situation, other than the news headlines, it seems uterly stupid to want this 50 year conflict to continue for me. :dunno:

I disagree, in El Salvador they make the same and is one of the most violent country of the World, one thing is the peace with another legitimate group like a religious/ethnicity minority and another is the peace with this drug-guerrilla, the problem in Colombia is the politicians have their drug bussiness too and except Uribe, i dont know how big is their will to fight against them.

National Mourning Day in Slovakia today, Funerals of first slovak president Michal Kováč

http://en.news-original.ru/in-slovakia-declared-a-day-of-mourning-for-the-first-president-michal-kovac.html

the funerals are live in TV, state flags and black flags are at half-mast, No cultural performances or comedy programs in TV, also Gambling is unathorized in the whole country today

8 minutes ago, hckosice said:

also Gambling is unathorized in the whole country today

That's an interesting thing for a national mourning day :mumble: