website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

1 godzinę temu, Dolby napisał:

Why are Turkish ministers campaigning in Europe for referendum in Turkey? Netherlands/Germany has to manage law and order, so if they think the speech of a Turkish minister can cause L&O issues, I don't see any problem in NED/GER restricting entry to Turkish ministers. 

because people with Turkish nationality live there and don`t do it by "force"? Netherlands let them live there abd those people have active electory rights in Turkey. We live in 21st century so visits of ministers are quite normal. This speach wasn`t meant for Dutch people or attacking NED in any way. Wouldn`t u be amazed if GB restricts some India politic speaking to his compatriots in UK because UK decided so? ;) Prophilactics are good...only in medicine ;), if there would be a problem Dutch authorities would have a right to act. What they had done is called oversteering in bobsleigh

Edited by Pavlo

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

1 hour ago, Pavlo said:

because people with Turkish nationality live there and don`t do it by "force"? Netherlands let them live there abd those people have active electory rights in Turkey. We live in 21st century so visits of ministers are quite normal. This speach wasn`t meant for Dutch people or attacking NED in any way. Wouldn`t u be amazed if GB restricts some India politic speaking to his compatriots in UK because UK decided so? ;) Prophilactics are good...only in medicine ;), if there would be a problem Dutch authorities would have a right to act. What they had done is called oversteering in bobsleigh

I won't be amazed. The present Indian PM Narendra Modi has conducted large scale diaspora events in many countries he has visited. Even though these programs were just outreach programs and nothing political, Indian Government ensured that local government had no issues with the programs (in all such programs, local leaders, not of Indian origin, were invited to be part of the event). 

If Netherlands government feels a certain event can cause law and order issue, it has every right to deny permission to that event. Be it Erdogan's event or Modi's event or any other leader's event. 

yes, they had every right - was this decision correct and wise? this is another question. for me it`s a bit strange but international situation is a bit "stressed" now so such things will happen

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

Meanwhile I'm still not certain who to vote for and there's not a whole lot more than 24 hours left... :p 

I'm still hoping the wisdom comes to me when I need it :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Meanwhile I'm still not certain who to vote for and there's not a whole lot more than 24 hours left... :p 

Maybe I should tell our chairman to meet you (we have four people in the Netherlands campaigning) :p

1 minute ago, Agger said:

Maybe I should tell our chairman to meet you (we have four people in the Netherlands campaigning) :p

Nah, I want to listen to something neutral instead of 'campaign language' :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The posts here are a bit confusing..... from the info you guys are giving it does seem to me, however, like an slight attempt at censorship of a minority from dutch/german governments. In the dutch case, are they denying entrance just on a presumption that there could be incidents or there is some law that forbids foreign governments from campaigning on dutch soil or sth?

PS. I don't care about the politics, just legal considerations.

lol when I read about denying foreign ministers the entry I always remember to this. In Slovakia few years ago we even improved this topic to a higher level refusing the entry to a president

http://en.people.cn/90001/90777/90853/6736412.html

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I heard there is a Pirate Party, you should try them. :d