:JPN 1 (+1 AA)*

:KOR 1 (+1 AA)
:MEX 1
:ROU 1

:FRA (2 AA)*
:HUN (1 AA)
:ESP (1 AA)
:SUI (1 AA)

Biles barely qualified for UB final, and was only 6th on beam. Not a great day for her, but she said she was a little nervous. No apparatus finals for Melanie de Jesus was also kinda unexpected?

Something is wrong with this American team.

I remember getting excited for the "American" subdivision in Rio. I made space on schedule and it was worth it.

This time I gladly bailed after a few meh performances from them. :p

#banbestmen

12 minutes ago, dcro said:

Something is wrong with this American team.

I remember getting excited for the "American" subdivision in Rio. I made space on schedule and it was worth it.

This time I gladly bailed after a few meh performances from them. :p

This is why having someone so dominant as Biles covers the lack of depth problem. This "team" is Biles and bunch of sidekicks. If USA don't develop another world class gymnast soon they will be up for a rude awakening in Paris (I presume Biles won't go there anymore). The US men have tailed off in recent years and women might be heading down the same path since gymnastics as a sport got a lot of bad press after the Nassar scandal. I imagine not many parents would like to send their kids on the gymnastics grind these days - far less than 15-20 years ago IMO.

49 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Biles barely qualified for UB final, and was only 6th on beam. Not a great day for her, but she said she was a little nervous. No apparatus finals for Melanie de Jesus was also kinda unexpected?

Totally unexpected! And no finals for :NED at all. Not even all-around final. This is the most shocking result for me.

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Japan ahead of China by 0.002. Ah, those rounding errors. :d

Scores for Japan have been very generous, to say the least, both in men's events and women's events. Unfortunately, Great Britain, USA and Ukraine have their worst teams in a long time and can't really challenge for a team medal. It would be great if Russia, China and a surprising team could kick Japan out of the podium.

21 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Scores for Japan have been very generous, to say the least, both in men's events and women's events. Unfortunately, Great Britain, USA and Ukraine have their worst teams in a long time and can't really challenge for a team medal. It would be great if Russia, China and a surprising team could kick Japan out of the podium.

I think this is the general future for Gymastics. Both GB and America look unlikely to do anything but future decline in the common decade due to major scandals within the domestic scene and in the UK at least future funding is not secure.