website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 News Road to Paris 2024

Just don’t respond “no, thank you” to those invites if you don’t want to be banned for two years :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

20 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Just don’t respond “no, thank you” to those invites if you don’t want to be banned for two years :p

suddenly we know more about the participation of north korea and guatemala will they participate under the olympic flag?

1 hour ago, Benolympique said:

suddenly we know more about the participation of north korea and guatemala will they participate under the olympic flag?

I think that is still unclear. North Korea is no longer suspended as far as I know, but their intentions regarding participation remain unknown.

Guatemala remains suspended. They will not receive an invitation, but their athletes will surely be allowed to compete (likely under the Olympic flag) should they qualify. In theory, I believe there is still time for Guatemala to get the suspension lifted, but it seems unlikely at the moment. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

17 hours ago, hckošice said:

That is what I call some happy smile :p

Herr President tested the bed at the Olympic Village and stated he slept very well on these beds :d

851d2a74-ba34-475c-8a8a-0d101de9dfc5.jpg

Team GB are sponsored by a mattress supplier so are planning on bringing their own apparently :d

• 2 months later...

Shame :roflmao:france has banned hijab during the olympic games 

This is what UN said : 

UN slams France’s decision to ban French athletes’ hijabs at 2024 Olympics

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/09/26/europe/un-hijab-olympics-intl/index.html

7a016.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally announced!

https://olympics.com/en/news/ioc-unveils-hosts-dates-olympic-qualifier-series-bmx-freestyle-breaking-skateboarding-climbing

But it is a little weird that only two events will take place, it was expecting to have three or four stages.

• 1 month later...