website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics 2016 Discussion Thread

bestmen

5 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

1) Do you have a livestream that isnt geoblocked in Germany?

2) How many spots will romanian women have in Rio?

3) Why didnt Jurca compete here?

Unfortunately the only stream I could find was that one from USA Gymnastics.

Romania will have only one female gymnast at the Olympics (most likely Iordache). Apparently Jurca didn't participate here because she was injured.

16 hours ago, gvaisakh said:

Got it.. 

wanted to see this ....................when I play it says not available in your country ...then I tried hola unblocker and masked my country as Uk , US and Brasil ...... but still same comment ...any advice 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

1 hour ago, nitinsanker said:

wanted to see this ....................when I play it says not available in your country ...then I tried hola unblocker and masked my country as Uk , US and Brasil ...... but still same comment ...any advice 

i used zenmate and chose country as USA.. was able to watch it live

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Does anyone know what the minimum technical standard for artistic gymnastics are? I want to know the chances of a tripartite being awarded.

For tripartite the only standars is the partecipation at 2015 World Championship.

Possible quotas:

Men's Riveros and Chumacero (Bolivia), Kevin Crovetto (Monaco)

Women's Morgan Llyod (Cayman Islands), Milla Fabre (Monaco), Diana Vasquez e Dianne Soria (Bolivia), Kala Chirinos (Honduras), Suzanne Buttigieg (Malta), Isabella Amado and Valentina Brostella (Panama)

Edited by Gianlu33

54 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

For tripartite the only standars is the partecipation at 2015 World Championship.

Possible quotas:

Men's Riveros and Chumacero (Bolivia), Kevin Crovetto (Monaco)

Women's Morgan Llyod (Cayman Islands), Milla Fabre (Monaco), Diana Vasquez e Dianne Soria (Bolivia), Kala Chirinos (Honduras), Suzanne Buttigieg (Malta), Isabella Amado and Valentina Brostella (Panama)

Thanks the wording of the document made it sound like they needed to get a certain score. I guess Monaco and Panama would be the favourites provided that they applied.

On 19/04/2016 at 3:56 PM, JoshMartini007 said:

Thanks the wording of the document made it sound like they needed to get a certain score. I guess Monaco and Panama would be the favourites provided that they applied.

Don't forget Costa Rica (Tarik Soto Byfield) and Malaysia (Farah Abdul).

Costa Rica is sending only 3 people to the Olympics according to Wikipedia. Byfield qualified to the Test Event and is fifth reserve for the quota. In women's artistic, I think Cayman Islands will get the quota. FIG even stated in an official document that they were proud a gymnast from Cayman Islands made it to the Olympics (Youth Olympics, in 2014), and I think they could make this statement again (this time in the "big" Olympics).

3 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Don't forget Costa Rica (Tarik Soto Byfield) and Malaysia (Farah Abdul).

Costa Rica is sending only 3 people to the Olympics according to Wikipedia. Byfield qualified to the Test Event and is fifth reserve for the quota. In women's artistic, I think Cayman Islands will get the quota. FIG even stated in an official document that they were proud a gymnast from Cayman Islands made it to the Olympics (Youth Olympics, in 2014), and I think they could make this statement again (this time in the "big" Olympics).

Costa Rica or Malaysia aren't tripartite nations though. Tripartite nation status is calculated based on the number of athletes from the past two Olympics (team sports notwithstanding). Farah Abdul can qualify if no tripartite is awarded and someone drops out (South Africa?). Cayman Islands is an option, but she isn't that good based on her results from the Youth Olympics and Pan American Games.

3 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Costa Rica or Malaysia aren't tripartite nations though. Tripartite nation status is calculated based on the number of athletes from the past two Olympics (team sports notwithstanding). Farah Abdul can qualify if no tripartite is awarded and someone drops out (South Africa?). Cayman Islands is an option, but she isn't that good based on her results from the Youth Olympics and Pan American Games.

Nekrasova from Azerbaijan is still ahead of Malaysia (by 0.001, unfortunately). I didn't know Costa Rica is not allowed to apply for a quota. The Panamanian girls are better choices. Brostella won a bronze medal at the 2014 Pan American Sports Festival, and Amado two won medals at the 2012 and 2013 South American Championships.