website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Sports Programme

The IOC really frustrates me. Limiting the amount of athletes per game to the 10,500 will not work. The last three Olympics have had 11,000+ athletes. Now we are going to end up with further cuts in established sports, with some sports already going to the extremes in qualification (those athletic standards are really hard10

8 hours ago, bmo said:

When is the IOC going to cut some of these sports???  I love the summer games the way it is.  It is starting to get ridiculous for how many sports they are adding.  I would cut boxing, 3x3 Basketball, and BMX freestyle.  Boxing has too much controversy and even though 3x3 Basketball is exciting, I would rather have only one Basketball.  I could do without BMX freestyle as well.  Surfing is a sport that has to depend on the host city.  Where is surfing going to be held in Paris???  I could do without break dancing as well.  It’s just unnecessary.  I’m starting to like the winter games better because they don’t have an overwhelming amount of sports and it is easier to follow.  Plus, who would want to host the summer games when you have to find venues for 40-45 sports.  In my opinion, the IOC needs to put a limit on sports. 

Biarritz, in the Basque Country near the Spanish border...on the Atlantic Ocean...

p.s. it's a wonderful place for Surf (they just hosted the ISA longboard world champs) and not only for Surf...it's a wonderful area. Point.

p.p.s. I agree at 101% with your post...especially when you talk about cutting some activities like 3x3 basketball, BMX Freestyle and so on...

4 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Pretty much, you can have more events or fewer athletes, but not both.

I think you can have a bit more of both, if IOC really gets less pretentious in terms of venues, logistics and accomodation...

and in any case, just cut those sports where you have more judges and/or officials than athletes* first...:pope:

*not thinking about artistic swimming, rhythmic gymnastics, BMX freestyle...noooooo...:raspberry:

il y a 10 minutes, phelps a dit :

Biarritz, in the Basque Country near the Spanish border...on the Atlantic Ocean...

p.s. it's a wonderful place for Surf (they just hosted the ISA longboard world champs) and not only for Surf...it's a wonderful area. Point.

Hasn't been decidet yet. So far, Biarritz (plus Capbretron/Hossegor), Lacanau (near Bordeaux) and a bid from Brittany are asking to host the event. They're even talks from french polynesia  :smoke: 

Only one sure thing, artifical pool has been ruled out.

4 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Hasn't been decidet yet. So far, Biarritz (plus Capbretron/Hossegor), Lacanau (near Bordeaux) and a bid from Brittany are asking to host the event. They're even talks from french polynesia  :smoke: 

Only one sure thing, artifical pool has been ruled out.

tbh, if they don't choose Biarritz, they are crazy...

French Polynesia would be fascinating, but I'd really like to meet the pusher of those who proposed that...:lol:

he must have some really good stuff...:roflmao:

the artificial pool...well, those who thought about it, must have a cheater as a pusher...he surely gave them some gone bad stuff...:p:facepalm: