website statistics

Athletics 2021 Discussion Thread

Wumo

21 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

She’s having a baby year, actually.  Will be concentrating on her pace-making career come 2022, I think.

Yes, I know. But with Reekie & Hodgkinson around I'd say her comeback will not be anticipated at all. The fact she decided to have a baby in the Olympic year tells you she's done as a serious athlete IMO.

1 hour ago, Grassmarket said:

:GBR Women’s 800m running just super hot right now, EJR for Keeley Hodgkinson.

800m guys must be kicking themselves, only Burgin goes with the pace, gets the win, WL & OQ.

How is it an European junior record when 5 European women have been faster in the U20?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

47 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Yes, I know. But with Reekie & Hodgkinson around I'd say her comeback will not be anticipated at all. The fact she decided to have a baby in the Olympic year tells you she's done as a serious athlete IMO.

The irony of something like this coming from a polish person ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

17 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

How is it an European junior record when 5 European women have been faster in the U20?

EJR are the best performance of an athlete before the year of their 20th birthday. Maybe the other 5 ran the times in the year they turned 20?

24 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

The irony of something like this coming from a polish person ...

Huh? What's the irony? Reekie & Hodgkinson's results speak for themselves. Sharp has minimal chance to regain #1 UK status at 800m and I presume she knows it full well.