website statistics

Athletics 2021 Discussion Thread

Wumo

1 minute ago, Grassmarket said:

She is getting the big hype treatment for sure at the moment - profiles today in the Daily Mail & on the BBC.

Dennis Mitchell (her coach, for those who don't know) is cloning her at his image (far too histrionic for my taste...even if at least she has a nice smile)...

I hope he's not also helping her with the same "medicines" he used to take by himself during his career...:rolleyes: :whistle:

24 minutes ago, phelps said:

Dennis Mitchell (her coach, for those who don't know) is cloning her at his image (far too histrionic for my taste...even if at least she has a nice smile)...

I hope he's not also helping her with the same "medicines" he used to take by himself during his career...:rolleyes: :whistle:

His real expertise was excuses. Certainly “beer & sex with my wife” is in the all-time top 10. (No. 1 - Raimondas Rumšas - “they’re for my mother-in-law.”

50 minutes ago, phelps said:

Do you seriously think that there is the slightest chance that she isn’t doped to the gills? Personally I don’t see how she could become a big star with her looks.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

6 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

His real expertise was excuses. Certainly “beer & sex with my wife” is in the all-time top 10. (No. 1 - Raimondas Rumšas - “they’re for my mother-in-law.”

no, no.1 is absolutely Francisco "Paquillo" Fernandez: "I tested positive because I used to practice cunnilinguus to my pregnant wife"...:yikes: :rofl:

by the way, Marcell Jacobs, after stunning the world with last week's 9.95 clocking in Savona, got an harmstring injury (1cm wound) and he's out for a while...:nopompom:

hope he recovers in time to get back in his best shape for Tokyo, but I fear his season is heavily compromised...:cry: :facepalm:

1 minute ago, phelps said:

by the way, Marcell Jacobs, after stunning the world with last week's 9.95 clocking in Savona, got an harmstring injury (1cm wound) and he's out for a while...:nopompom:

hope he recovers in time to get back in his best shape for Tokyo, but I fear his season is heavily compromised...:cry: :facepalm:

If it's confirmed that kind of injury is nothing serious, very common in high level athlete, nothing compromised, there is all the time to be in the best shape by the end of July......