website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

3 hours ago, dcro said:

Still no China. I'm guessing we can put a big questionmark next to this qualification system right now. :rolleyes:

IFs tend to be generous with future hosts, let alone the next ones. :finger:

I read today an article published on site of Polish Biathlon Association that timeline of qualifications are extended and deadline of scoring points will be at 16th January 2022. So, China still might have relay if they will take part in next season.

https://biathlon.com.pl/2020/12/09/nowe-zasady-kwalifikacji-do-igrzysk-w-pekinie/ (article in Polish)

US Women keep the same 4 - Maddie Phaneuf still the odd woman out.

Swiss Women have the 3 Gasparin, Haecki, as well as Cadurish - no change.

Wierer goes 9th and Eckhoff goes 85th

Swiss men keep Hartweg out of the race.  Stalder, Tamborino and Finello join the Beard.

US has Paul Schommer in the first group (?) starting right behind Loginov, and just ahead of Fak, Eberhard and the Swedish missile Ponsiluoma.  

Boe's are 89th and dead last on the start list.  

Men's List

Women's List

People will pay attention the entire races tomorrow.

16 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Greenland having a biathlete wow

Her parents were international biathletes as well, and to make things more interesting: her dad is born in Brazil :p

Also, and not unimportant, Ukaleq herself is actually a youth world champion! Don't be surprised to see her getting World Cup points somewhere in the next one or two seasons.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

21 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Ahem! Some of us were around when her parents were competing.  :old:

Greenland is not an Olympic nation, though - they had to compete for Denmark.

I think everybody here was around when they were competing, unless we have some newborn lurking :d

3 minutes ago, SalamAkhi said:

I think everybody here was around when they were competing, unless we have some newborn lurking :d

Considering her mom was still competing last season (or the season before), that'd be really impressive if we have someone here who wasn't around then :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!