website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2021

rybak

Just now, dcro said:

Yeah, I'm genuinely surprised that Tick Tock is not through. Perfectly generic ESC song, it should have done well...

Too many typical ESC pop songs with female singers, Croatia, Israel or Azerbaijan had to miss, and I was sure about that the ridiculous angel guy will get in over them as he was way more memorable than the generic pop songs. 

7 hours ago, prso1000 said:

I think Croatia out and Romania (despite bad singing, but by far the best song of the year) out is just a joke. 

especially Sweden and Norway in the final is ?. But they have to be there as important markets and anyway ESC is Organised and manipulated by the Swedish. 

Even if Swedish song might not be the best, especially when he is strafflindring with his voice, I can’t see how 10 songs in this field could have been better, especially when Russia could make it. And how you mean manipulated? Many Songs have Swedish songwriters but That should just decrease Swedens chances?

1 hour ago, Swewi said:

Even if Swedish song might not be the best, especially when he is strafflindring with his voice, I can’t see how 10 songs in this field could have been better, especially when Russia could make it. And how you mean manipulated? Many Songs have Swedish songwriters but That should just decrease Swedens chances?

Honestly Sweden is the worst ESC Nation for years now. 
in the recent years the ESC was adjusted by Björkman to make a copy of Melodifestival. The juries always push Sweden while in televote Sweden is actually not that good, that tells you a lot. I am 100% convinced this year was the same, top 3 by Jury and outside top 10 by televote.  I think if Sweden just sends someone standing around for 3 minutes they would still go to final. 

All other songs going through the final I kind of understand except Sweden and Norway. And Russia not my taste but at least something different. And I think that countries Croatia (ok I am probably not objective in that case), Romania, Australia and even Ireland deserved it more than Sweden. 

It looks like :UKR gained the most out of the SF, they are 4th now at the bookies. I am still not sure if the jury will let them finish in the overall Top3/Top5, I think there's a good chance that they will hate it...

1 hour ago, prso1000 said:

in the recent years the ESC was adjusted by Björkman to make a copy of Melodifestival. The juries always push Sweden while in televote Sweden is actually not that good, that tells you a lot. I am 100% convinced this year was the same, top 3 by Jury and outside top 10 by televote.  I think if Sweden just sends someone standing around for 3 minutes they would still go to final. 

All other songs going through the final I kind of understand except Sweden and Norway. And Russia not my taste but at least something different. And I think that countries Croatia (ok I am probably not objective in that case), Romania, Australia and even Ireland deserved it more than Sweden. 

Since the start of the televoting/juries idea, Sweden has only been outside top 10 in televoting in the final twice. Sure they are often higher in the jury votes, but it seems pretty clear that the viewers don't agree with you about Sweden being the worst ESC nation. 

Tusse's song isn't great, but there were plenty of worse songs advancing. 
I'm biased as a half Swede, but I'd listen to Tusse (and Tix) any day of the week before Ukraine, Azerbaijan (there you have an overestimated nation in ESC) and Russia. Doesn't mean that they'll get my vote. They are middle of the pack in my opinion.

12 minutes ago, Agger said:

Since the start of the televoting/juries idea, Sweden has only been outside top 10 in televoting in the final twice. Sure they are often higher in the jury votes, but it seems pretty clear that the viewers don't agree with you about Sweden being the worst ESC nation. 

Tusse's song isn't great, but there were plenty of worse songs advancing. 
I'm biased as a half Swede, but I'd listen to Tusse (and Tix) any day of the week before Ukraine, Azerbaijan (there you have an overestimated nation in ESC) and Russia. Doesn't mean that they'll get my vote. They are middle of the pack in my opinion.

Scandinavians all together ?

everybody complaining about Greece/Cyprus and Balkan and former Soviet Union connections and neighbor voting but Scandinavia is the same if not the worst. But that is ok right? 

cmon this event has become just wrong, and I think it should go back to pure televote. 
Scandinavia has sent many great entries in the past, but this year all entries are just awful except Finland and all will be in the finals (maybe except Finland) 

38 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

Scandinavians all together ?

everybody complaining about Greece/Cyprus and Balkan and former Soviet Union connections and neighbor voting but Scandinavia is the same if not the worst. But that is ok right? 

cmon this event has become just wrong, and I think it should go back to pure televote. 
Scandinavia has sent many great entries in the past, but this year all entries are just awful except Finland and all will be in the finals (maybe except Finland) 

Believe me, we joke about our voting as much as the Balkan voting and so on.

I'm not impressed by our songs (and I think it's terrible this year). I think I've liked 2 of the last 10 Danish entries (Rasmussen and Emmelie de Forest). Think it would be about the same number from Norway, Finland and Iceland. Sweden has had a slightly higher succes rate, but I'm personally not a big fan of the kind of songs that win Melodifestivalen at the moment (I liked the Mamas, but not really John Lundvik and the 2 before him. Tusse isn't terrible, but nothing close to the former greats of Sweden).
I'm by all means not voting for any Scandinavian songs, but I know that both the Swedish and Norwegian songs have an appeal to other Nordic people (possibly Iceland as well).
It's after all about more than just being neighbours. Denmark has a musical culture much closer to Sweden and Norway than Serbia or Croatia and vice versa. It's a matter of taste more than anything else.

36 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

And one more comment: if tusse was representing any country outside Scandinavia it would never ever advance to the finals 

worst iro Sweden was not related to results, but to their influence, overrating and manipulation behind the scenes 

That's quite a claim.

3 hours ago, prso1000 said:

I could understand and agree about some stuff there but how can it be Sweden´s fault that the juries are giving us those points?