website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

George_D

16 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Quick question: do you need to have 4 gymnasts per apparatus in order to have a valid result in the team event? 

I'm not sure, but I think I've read somewhere that in team finals only 3 gymnasts from each team will compete and all scores will have to count. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

#banbestmen

10 minutos atrás, dcro disse:

I'm not sure, but I think I've read somewhere that in team finals only 3 gymnasts from each team will compete and all scores will have to count. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

@LowerSaxony is correct. In qualifications, it doesn't matter if three or four gymnasts perform on each apparatus. Even if only three gymnasts perform on a single apparatus, this is still valid for the team score. 

So, basically we have:

Qualifications: up to four gymnasts can perform on each apparatus, but only the three best scores count.
Team finals: only three gymnasts can perform on each apparatus and every score counts.

Edited by thiago_simoes

5 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

@LowerSaxony is correct. In qualifications, it doesn't matter if three or four gymnasts perform on each apparatus. Even if only three gymnasts perform on a single apparatus, this is still valid for the team score. 

So, basically we have:

Qualifications: up to four gymnasts can perform on each apparatus, but only the three best scores count.
Team finals: only three gymnasts can perform on each apparatus and every score counts.

and final quick predicion for team finals and all around? :d

I don't see it mentioned yet, so: Fabian Hambüchen announced yesterday after training that Rio will be his last serious international competition. "In Beijing I was going for gold...in London as well, until I saw Epke, but this time that feeling isn't there." 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

26 minutos atrás, dareza disse:

Men's competition:
AA: Uchimura, Verniayev, Larduet

TF: Japan, China, Great Britain

Women's competition:
AA: Biles, Hernandez, Andrade (one can dream, but I seriously think she could be a contender)
TF: United States, China, Russia

This blog states that Russia has broken the rules by replacing Ignatyev by the alternate gymnast. Even though the author says it does not really matter at this point, if Russia miraculously wins a medal, all hell will break loose and the team will probably face many attempts of other teams trying to disqualify Russia after the competition is over.

This is getting ridiculous.

Edited by thiago_simoes

10 horas atrás, MCMXC disse:

Has the list of which gymnasts within the teams, are to compete on each apparatus, been released yet?

Do you mean the start lists? Not yet, but they will soon be available here: https://live.fig-gymnastics.com/schedule.php?idevent=6405

Am 4.8.2016 um 11:39 schrieb dareza:

What did you predict in the predictions contest? :d

My picks:

Mens team AA: Japan/GB for gold, China for bronze

Mens individual AA: Uchimura (who else?), Larduet, Verniaiev

I think Verniaiev is the only one who could potentially challenge Uchimura, but he is too inconsistent and often not clean enough. If one of them messes up (Uchimura would probably need his worst performance since forever to not medal), then Deng Shudi or Whitlock could sneak in for a medal. I dont know what to expect from Belyavskiy, Sasaki and Tanaka, but they are probably to far off to beat at least 3 of those i mentioned before even on a perfect day. 

Womens team AA: USA for gold, China normally for silver, Russia/GB for bronze. Russian team doesnt look to spectacular on paper, but normally they should still win bronze or maybe even challenge for silver.

Womens individual AA: Biles miles ahead of everyone else. Most think that Hernandez will win a medal, but i am not so sure. In my opinion she was massively overscored at the american trials (especially on uneven bars). I dont know if Douglas plans to do the AA, but i think on a good day she might even be able to qualify for the final instead of Hernandez.

Without Iordache bronze should be pretty open. In my opinion it will be between Mustafina and Chunsong. For me Melnikova could be the dark horse, she was very good at the european championships recently. For me it would be a huge surprise if anyone else (one of the japanese/british girls/Steingruber/Andrade would win a medal), but lets see, our brazilian friend seems to be pretty confident about Andrade. 

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Celine van Gerner has an achilles heel injury and is having quite a lot of pain of it. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!