website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing FIS World Cup 2024 - 2025

On 10/1/2024 at 10:13 PM, heywoodu said:

What nonsense is this? :( 

The Norwegians prefer individual starts :d

The calendar is actually a bit confusing. The last classic sprint is in Falun in mid-February, then only three skating sprints, can't you add some variety?

And then there's the World Cup in Falun in mid-February. One week before the World Championships, where the Swedish national team, the home team, has already announced that the majority of the World Championship starters will be in training camp. Seriously? I can already see that almost none of the World Cup starters will be competing there ...

2 hours ago, JonPhi said:

The Norwegians prefer individual starts :d

But even Oslo? The Oslo 50k was basically the number one big event on the annual calendar..

As for Falun: I wonder if it will make the field smaller or just 'weaker'. Important for the Olympic qualification..

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

37 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

But even Oslo? The Oslo 50k was basically the number one big event on the annual calendar..

As for Falun: I wonder if it will make the field smaller or just 'weaker'. Important for the Olympic qualification..

Few days after Oslo they have the WCh. Two 50km in a week seems a bit extreme