website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2024 - 2025

Totallympics

• 1 month later...
On 10/17/2024 at 6:33 PM, Federer91 said:

After the return of Marcel Hirscher, now there are rumors that one Lindsey Vonn is thinking of coming out of retirement. :d

Yep, confirmed.  We have Marcelletje for :NED, Lindsay Vonn and Lucas Pinheiro Braathen for :BRA.

However, Vonn and Hirscher will be wild cards, so starting down with the Chileans and the Iranians in the first leg.  Snow conditions are good though.  :clap:

Vonn, Hirscher & Braathen Returning To Racing At World Cup Opening - InTheSnow

Edited by Grassmarket

8 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

so starting down with the Chileans and the Iranians in the first leg

World Cups don't generally have the exotic competitors we see in the world championships though, it's more likely starting down with the 13th best Austrians and such :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

18 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Yep, confirmed.  We have Marcelletje for :NED, Lindsay Vonn and Lucas Pinheiro Braathen for :BRA.

However, Vonn and Hirscher will be wild cards, so starting down with the Chileans and the Iranians in the first leg.  Snow conditions are good though.  :clap:

Vonn, Hirscher & Braathen Returning To Racing At World Cup Opening - InTheSnow

I expected Vonn to return in a speed event, but guess she wants to test herself first on a slower GS. Though at 40 i think she won't be doing many GSs and concentrate on the DH & SG. And hopefully she does that, because a full World Cup season should be out of her aim.

As for Hirscher, he must really be scared of Odermatt breaking his records :d 

13 hours ago, Federer91 said:

I expected Vonn to return in a speed event, but guess she wants to test herself first on a slower GS. Though at 40 i think she won't be doing many GSs and concentrate on the DH & SG. And hopefully she does that, because a full World Cup season should be out of her aim.

As for Hirscher, he must really be scared of Odermatt breaking his records :d 

He literally said "I wouldn't be able to qualify for the Austrian team anymore" (apart from making it very clear his main reason to come back is because he also wants to end up representing his mother's country), so I highly doubt he is genuinely expecting to keep Odermatt away from his records :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

There's discussions on the Short Track Forum about broadcast rights.  Came across this page a few days ago when I was looking into biathlon news.  Seemingly there's going to be a mess with Alpine rights in :NOR with races going onto the expensive pay TV service Viaplay.  Was looking on another forum and a Norwegian guy was saying he couldn't see anything for this weekend.....

Program vintersport 2024/2025: Full oversikt over skiskyting, langrenn, kombinert, hopp og alpint – NRK Sport – Sportsnyheter, resultater og sendeplan

Edited by Grassmarket

55 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

There's discussions on the Short Track Forum about broadcast rights.  Came across this page a few days ago when I was looking into biathlon news.  Seemingly there's going to be a mess with Alpine rights in :NOR with races going onto the expensive pay TV service Viaplay.  Was looking on another forum and a Norwegian guy was saying he couldn't see anything for this weekend.....

Program vintersport 2024/2025: Full oversikt over skiskyting, langrenn, kombinert, hopp og alpint – NRK Sport – Sportsnyheter, resultater og sendeplan

I'm not sure how it is elsewhere, but in the US the rights for all events in :AUT and :USA are sold separately, while every other event's broadcast rights was sold in a package (to an expensive pay streaming service)