website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Nations League 2024 - 2025

Totallympics

29 minutes ago, yaky22 said:

I find it so funny we ( :ISR ) are at league one, like the group is three European and world powerhouses :ITA:FRA:BELand a nation who was in the world cup once and never in the euros 

Don't worry, Italy and Israel have the same world cup appearances since 2018 :p

:CRO beat :POL 1-0 in Osijek. The score should have been like 4-0. Matanovic missed a couple of clear chances, someone like Mandzukic would have scored a brace at least :p We got dominated so much even our media said it's telling that "over the hill" Modric looked like prime Modric again.

Spain playing in 10 men from 20th minute beat Switzerland 4-1 in Geneve. This is how a european champion should play and look on the pitch:yes Portugal saved again by Ronaldo:cool: But what a match in the derby of the day: Gibraltar 2 - 2 Liechtenstein, with Gibraltar scoring in the minute 90+7 for 2-1 and Lichtenstein scoring for 2-2 from penalty in minute 90+14:d

On 9/6/2024 at 11:00 AM, kungshamra71 said:

900 is a pretty big number. Also nice that this happened during a Portugal national team match, while playing for a home crowd in Lisboa. :POR

458475558_1002495495250374_7178032474875

And another one. This mf just does not stop :lol::POR

I do feel this international breaks are here to remind me how much i hate Roberto Martinez for being the most useless coach i can remember seeing in the Portuguese national team, even worse than Queiroz (which was stubborn, but at least had ideas. Martinez looks like me if they ask me to do work for which i have no qualifications for it. "Fake until you make it" is for sure his motto :d

• 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts around Totallympics

• Not a surprise, she hasn't played a completed match since the Olympics and has been withdrawing from every tournament except the US Open where she was clearly injured and retired after one set.   I think this drop in the rankings can be good for her and take off some pressure and that she will rise again once she is healthy!   I also can't help but think what would've happened in Paris had she not been injured, she still almost beat Kostyuk (and probably should've won that match regardless, she was two points away in the second set) to make the quarterfinals, then would've had to play Vekic and Schmiedlova for a spot in the final...
    • We actually have a very good group of players on paper, of course not as good as England but we have underachieved a lot in the last decade (quite the opposite of the previous decade before that when many felt we overachieved). Jovanovic as our new manager has made a huge impact already, so nice to finally have someone who understands the Greek culture and language. Some of our previous failed managers in recent years who were not Greek seemed to only care about themselves and making a salary.   On a more serious note, this match took place less than 24 hours after it was announced Greek-English RB George Baldock was found dead inside the pool at his house in Athens. I was surprised he has not been called up to our national team since March but apparently he had some injury problems and is just now coming back to club football and that's why he was left off the squad. He just played in the big Greek derby for Panathinaikos against Olympiacos on Sunday. Had he been called up to the national team like he usually is, he would still be alive...   Kind of crazy that this happened the day before England vs Greece, the two countries he "belongs" to. He was born in England but has Greek ancestry and got Greek citizenship and started playing for our national team a couple years ago. They did a little tribute for him at the game which was nice. Some were complaining that the game should have been cancelled or postponed due to his death.   He actually played his entire career in England and just joined Panathinaikos for this season and played in 3 games. I remember thinking how wonderful it would be for him to play for a Greek club now and have the chance to connect with his Greek roots and learn the language especially since he is now on our national team. What a tragic turn of events...
    • I mean a former European champion beat a team that never won the Euros so I don't really understand how people are surprised by this result? 
    • Asian Qualifiers - MD3     won again (2-0) in Saudi Arabia and  is the only team at 9 pts, for the other results first win for   (3-1 China) and (4-0 Kuwait) and big match in group A Uzbekistan and Iran of Iran ended in a goalless draw.   Back on field Tuesday 15 October for MD4   Oceanian Qualifiers   OFCQ begun second round:   3 - 1  and  1-0  
    • Team Gushue parts ways with EJ Harden    https://www.instagram.com/p/DA9McBTyaxW/?igsh=MXg3d3RneW5qNGIybQ==
    • Yeah, England going back to mediocrity from now. Useless.
    • claim a famous 2-1 victory over at Wembley (and they had three other goals taken by VAR!) @Makedonas
    • Regular Season   Day 6, Part 1 Tuesday 15.10.2024 - Schedule*   17:30  Ilves Tampere (FIN) - Växjö Lakers (SWE) 18:30  Fehèrvàr AV19 (HUN) - Genève-Servette (SUI) 19:00  Färjestad Karlstad (SWE) - Storhamar Hamar (NOR) 19:00  Skellefteå AIK (SWE) - Pinguins Bremerhaven (GER) 19:45  Fribourg-Gottèron (SUI) - Straubing Tigers (GER) 20:20  Red Bull Salzburg (AUT) - Sparta Prague (CZE)   *All times CET     Watch live   Check here for details of live TV broadcasts: https://www.championshockeyleague.com/en/fans/where-to-watch   All games are also live on the https://everyplay.live/ website (CHL Pass costs 9.99€/month), subject to geo-blocking restrictions in certain countries due to TV rights.
    • so, after 5 of 6 gamedays, we already have (only) 7 teams mathematically through to the knockout stage   meanwhile there are still 11 teams fighting for the last 9 spots (the 2 teams with 5 points are not officially out, but their chances are just theoretical)   the most surprising/amazing situation is that, if the RS ended Today, the reigning champions  Genève-Servette would be eliminated    the thrilling RS finale is scheduled for the next week, on Tuesday and Wednesday 15th and 16th of October
    • Regular Season Standings after Day 5, Part 2     https://www.championshockeyleague.com/en/standings#select_standings=0&tab_standings=regular-season