website statistics

Your favorite positive 2024 Paris Olympics moments!

12 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

So...the best moment..was the whole olympic time in Paris. Epic games, best ever. We had covid, wars, 3 olympics in 3 years, what a time. Paris...it was enormous. Just few technical problems, maybe just too much weight put on LGBT matters during OC (having in mind what they could show having their culture etc). But c'mon. Love You 2024 SOG. Sure, as a Pole i was following fates of our athletes mainly and it was a kind of sad experience (atmo, comments, many details you won't know) though i feel i wasn't able to enjoy those epic games in our time&cultural zone as deserved. But it's many supporters fate....It was a pleasure Paris😍😍😍😍

Especially the presence of fans, man I missed that, it's been.....83 years? Hmm, 6 apparently, but it felt like forever after the quiet Games in Tokyo and the even quieter Games in Beijing, where athletes said it obviously did not feel like Olympics at all. Finally we were back in full swing and it was awesome :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

19 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Especially the presence of fans, man I missed that, it's been.....83 years? Hmm, 6 apparently, but it felt like forever after the quiet Games in Tokyo and the even quieter Games in Beijing, where athletes said it obviously did not feel like Olympics at all. Finally we were back in full swing and it was awesome :cheer: 

Yep, it was a perfect mixture of wonderful atmosphere and great organisation (lacking a bit in Rio, Barcelona etc.). French nation is unique in a way and they just succeded to proudly...show it. Period. 

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

What I can write as of now: 

International: Tebogo in athletics and Alfred from Saint Lucia winning 100m (if no Jamaica then at least it was kept in the Caribbean)

A guy from a "panel" (otherwise known as commie block) housing estate in Slovakia coming and keeping up with the best in skateboarding 

Hungarian:

Fencing team gold 

Milak telling (with medals not with words) the so called "sports media" (in :HUN also the local media in general) "go F yourself "

Marathon swimming 1-3 

The last gold medal in women's pentathlon (I believed we could win a bronze if lucky)

Edited by pdr4332

Oh yeah, Tebogo's gold. Would have liked it anyway, but especially after his mother passed away I really wished for it. And his awesome performance in the 4x400 was amazing, I had no idea that was coming :d 

Talking about it: South Africa getting 4x100m silver and so Akani Simbine finally having a big medal after so many 4th and 5th places (again in Paris) nearly got me through the roof man :hyper: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, pdr4332 said:

What I can write as of now: 

International: Tebogo in athletics and Alfred from Saint Lucia winning 100m (if no Jamaica then at least it was kept in the Caribbean)

A guy from a "panel" (otherwise known as commie block) housing estate in Slovakia coming and keeping up with the best in skateboarding 

Hungarian:

Fencing team gold 

Milak telling (with medals not with words) the so called "sports media" (in :HUN also the local media in general) "go F yourself "

Marathon swimming 1-3 

The last gold medal in women's pentathlon (I believed we could win a bronze if lucky)

Hmmm....good point. Milak looked and behaved like he is there and went there finally but like hmmm...that he is there for himself but not exactly for this...version of Hungary. Am i right? We all know it here. 

The amazing Israeli rhythmic team

Tom reuveny gold and Sharon Kantor silver 

Peter paltchik medal after death threats and his coach's son dying in the war

Amazing performance by our guys

Outside of that

Lyles in 100

Benjamin in 400 hurdles 

The amazing finishes to 1500 and 400 by Cole Hocker and Quincy Hall

The finish of Kirsten Faulkner in the road race

And once again incredible finish to the games by Jennifer Valente 

But in this stupid world of only positivity (we know it's not like that) let's give a thought to Mem, Marin, injured German heptathlon athlete, American gymnast without a bronze, 13th French volleyball player. They are also heroes here, many other too, in a way they are beautiful. In a way they are positive heroes (ok, Mem less than others😉😉). 

Edited by Pavlo

42 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

Hmmm....good point. Milak looked and behaved like he is there and went there finally but like hmmm...that he is there for himself but not exactly for this...version of Hungary. Am i right? We all know it here. 

Well what I now that he was criticized a lot in the media about: why he is not informing the media, he is not training enough, maybe he will be absent from the Olympics, maybe he has depression and this is the end of his career (he might have had IMO but his career has clearly not ended) , maybe he will come and he will bomb because he was not training enough etc. etc. etc.

Even though there were legitimate questions to be asked the thing was a bit like UK royal family vs. UK tabloid press 

At least this is how I see it.

You’re making me choose? Seriously? (there’s way too many to name them all off the top of my head):facepalm:

I’ll start off with my top Canadian moments of the Olympics, considering well… I’m Canadian. Nothing, NOTHING at all beats Humana-Parades/Wilkerson’s silver in beach volleyball. Of course I’m gutted that they missed out on the gold medal (although that final was a high level and by far their best match of the tournament), but honestly if you’d have told me a couple of weeks ago that they’d make it this far, I wouldn’t have believed you. Sure, they were #4 in the world, I feel that was a bit misleading to the pairings current level though, I’ve been watching all of this pairing’s matches ever since they teamed up and they seem to have some sort of mental block when reaching the quarterfinals of a tournament that they can almost never seem to get over, Melissa’s side-out hasn’t been the most effective either which just won’t cut it against some of the top teams. After a mediocre pool play (clearly not performing to the level that they’re capable of) their medal hopes were looking bleak, but they proved me wrong and managed to create history for Canada as our first medalists in women’s beach volleyball! So many emotions. Other than that, McIntosh becoming the first Canadian to ever win three golds at a single Olympics (at 17 years old, seriously that’s crazy), men’s 4x100m relay winning gold (after a bronze in Rio and a silver in Tokyo, extra special because DeGrasse actually re-aggravated his hamstring injury during the Olympics), and Kharun winning two Olympic medals (I wasn’t even sure he’d win one) becoming the first male to do that since Myden in 1996.

Tebogo, women’s soccer, Tentoglou

:SWE Duplantis being Duplantis, and breaking his WR yet again. 6.25m, seriously? :bowdown:

:SWE Sjostrom winning gold in the 50m freestyle/100m freestyle. Initially, she thought she was not going to race the 100 free when interviewed earlier this year, so to see her come out with a gold is cool. And of course, also to see her finally win a gold medal in her bread and butter event the 50m freestyle. 

:RSA Simbine finally getting a major medal with silver in the men’s 4x100m relay, after oh so many close calls. 

:GUA with a historic Olympics winning their 2nd and 3rd ever medals. Ruano winning gold in women’s trap in particular was a very heartwarming moment for me, after a spinal injury derailed her hopes of becoming an Olympic gymnast, and after her dad died a couple of weeks before she competed in Tokyo (and after she won the gold, she said “Gold is for my dad”)

:POL finally getting past their Olympic quarterfinal curse, winning a silver medal. My favourite team in all of sport, so happy for them :yes

In men’s high jump qualification, :QAT Barshim began his run up but pulled up grabbing his left calf, :ITA Tamberi was the first person to rush over to check on him of course and even helped him stretch it :hug:

For him to win a bronze medal a couple of days after, just incredible. :bowdown:

:USA Davis-Woodhall winning gold in women’s long jump, she’s got great energy. 

meters to advance to 

After :FRA won gold in men’s volleyball, the officials handed out medals to everyone except Carle (who was the reserve), and Clevenot, being the class act that he is, symbolically handed his medal to Carle momentarily to show his appreciation for all that he’s done for the team. 

:ITA Tamberi competing in the men’s high jump final (and even clearing a height), after experiencing kidney pain and vomiting blood just hours earlier. 

:IRI Mirzazadeh with the ultimate act of respect, carrying :AZE Shariati around the mat on his shoulders after he lost in his final match before retiring. 

:LCA Alfred winning St. Lucia’s first and second ever Olympic medals, a gold in women’s 100m and a silver in women’s 200m. 

:SWE Moregardh upsetting :CHN Chuqin in men’s singles table tennis, on route to a silver medal. 

:SRB Djokovic, at 37, finally securing the last major title he was missing, winning gold in men’s singles tennis. What a legend :bowdown:

:DEN Axelsen defending his Olympic title in men’s singles badminton. I’ve met him before and he’s a really nice guy, really happy for him. 

:BEL Thiam three-peating in the heptathlon. 

:DMA Lafond winning Dominica’s first ever Olympic medal, a gold in women’s triple jump. 

Men’s archery final between :KOR Woojin and :USA Ellison, two legends of this sport, at 4-4 they shot 3 10’s each to send it to a shoot-off, and they both shot 10’s in the shoot-off as well with Woojin getting the better of Ellison. 

:USA Hall getting 5th in the heptathlon, after undergoing a knee surgery in January. 

Edited by Josh