website statistics

Athletics EAA Under 18 European Championships 2024

Totallympics

11 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

I think it's intentionally crippled for some obscure copyright reason.  It also cannot be cast - only a direct HDMI feed from PC to TV works - which I've only ever seen before with Sky TV function. 

Strangely, the app can be cast to a Chromecast for example, but the stream in the app stops for a fraction of a second every 1-2 seconds :lol: It does have a button to go forwards or backwards 10 seconds though, a very basic functionality for almost any kind of video player, but hey...it's there.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Posted (edited)

Maybe the logic is

Live FTA on an intentionally crippled service - fulfils a sponsor’s agreement.

Replays later chopped into individual events on YT - maximises ad revenue.

Edited by Grassmarket

On 7/18/2024 at 5:59 PM, hckošice said:

New U18 European Record in 100 Hurdles. And by none other than a Slovak athlete.

da faq !

Never would have believe I´ll write such sentence in my entire life

Doesn’t improve her time, but it is GOLD!

2 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

I wasn’t watching this morning, but those that did were lucky enough to see the failingest fail in the entire history of faildom.

horrific mistake but wow the kid is fast. 16y old has run a 20.5?!! I'll forgive him this once in a lifetime fail and look forward to his future

So, Apparently this was the very first ever Gold for :SVK at the U18 European Championships.

12.86 new EU18 Record and 2nd best worldwide time behind :JAM Hill 12.71 from 2022 in the heats and today 12.93 in the final the all time fastest Slovak times in WU18 100 Hurdles history

3 medals for us on Day 2!

Gold and bronze in the women's shot put which was a bit disappointing believe it or not, our girls were 1-2 before the last round and all week I was hoping we would go 1-2 in the final, but I guess I should not be greedy :lol:

Also silver in the women's triple jump :yes

Big disappointment so far in the men's hammer with Tzamtzis having three fouls in qualifying. He is second in the world for U18s and I was hoping for a gold here. However we had Gentekos finish 1st in qualifying so maybe he can win a surprise medal instead? 

Posted (edited)

good day at the office for :ITA 

only slightly underachieving performance, the bronze medal by Inzoli in the boys' Long Jump (he has a PB way better than the gold medal winning effort :facepalm:)

but he's only 15 (turning 16 next month), he'll have more chances...

Edited by phelps