:GRE 2

:ESP 2

:BRA 2

:EST 2

:SUI 2

:TUN 1

:AUT 1

:POL 1

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

13 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Milák will probably retire after these Games or at least I hope he will. I think he isn't enjoying any of this and not because he lost. He shouldn't continue if he will get even more burned out in the next 4 years. 

Hopefully getting beaten by Marchand will motivate him. I think retiring now would taint his legacy a bit. I think Phelps got motivated by losing to Le Clos in 2012.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Lesson from the Games - look at the weather forecast before sending athletes to the Opening Ceremony where they do not have place to hide from the rain.

We were realy suprised by the bad performances from :UKR swimmers. But it turned out that all the team is ill (((

Zheltyakov (several seconds slower than at Euro a month ago) said "the biggest mistake - is their illness.

2 minutes ago, avlar said:

Lesson from the Games - look at the weather forecast before sending athletes to the Opening Ceremony where they do not have place to hide from the rain.

We were realy suprised by the bad performances from :UKR swimmers. But it turned out that all the team is ill (((

Zheltyakov (several seconds slower than at Euro a month ago) said "the biggest mistake - is their illness.

Soon it will be so that no one will go to these ceremonies, except for the flag beaters or perhaps some distinguished veterans, like Nadal. The closing ceremony, when the emotions have died down, is a different matter.

LEON MARCHAND BECOMES FIRST SWIMMER SINCE 1976 TO WIN TWO INDIVIDUAL GOLD MEDALS IN ONE DAY

https://swimswam.com/leon-marchand-becomes-first-swimmer-since-1976-to-win-two-individual-gold-medals-in-one-day/

LUKAS MÄRTENS BECOMES FIRST MAN TO MAKE 400 FREE & 200 BACK OLYMPIC FINAL IN 52 YEARS
https://swimswam.com/lukas-martens-becomes-first-man-to-make-400-free-200-back-olympic-final-in-52-years/

Pan‘s winning margin was the biggest winning margin in men’s 100 free at the Olympics since 1928. Back then Johnny Weissmüller won by 1.2 seconds (although we can’t be too sure about his winning margin, since they still stopped by hand back then …).

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Exactly. By the way, I had Nemeth down for 12% medal chance (for what it's worth, of course, it's only an opinion), it's not like Nemeth simply reaching the final would have been enough for him. Being this incredibly close is going to hurt him possibly for the rest of his career/life, and understandably so. I hope one day at least he'll also be proud of his performance, but the hurt likely won't just go away.

@Vektor has he specifically stated in any Hungarian interviews that his goal was to medal or contend for a medal? 

I was disappointed today by Ceccon in the 200. I was counting on him to fight for a medal and with no American in the final, he should have done so. It looks like he didn't prepare for this distance at all.

11 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Number of top 8 finishes after day 5:

Men:

:USA 12

:GER 11

:AUS 9

:FRA 8

:CHN 7

:GBR 7

:ITA 7

:JPN 6

:HUN 4

:NED 3

:ROU 2

:KOR 2

:CAN 2

:RSA 2

:NZL 1

:EST 1

:LTU 1

:IRL 1

:BRA 1

Women:

:USA 18

:AUS 13

:CAN 8

:CHN 7

:GBR 5

:FRA 4

:GER 4

:SWE 3

:ITA 3

:JPN 3

:RSA 3

:IRL 2

:NZL 2

:HKG 2

:NED 2

:EST 1

:BRA 1

:LTU 1

:DEN 1

:CZE 1

Overall:

:USA 30

:AUS 22

:GER 15

:CHN 14

:FRA 12

:GBR 12

:ITA 10

:CAN 10

:JPN 9

:NED 5

:RSA 5

:HUN 4

:NZL 3

:SWE 3

:IRL 3

:LTU 2

:ROU 2

:KOR 2

:HKG 2

:BRA 2

:EST 2

How can USA women have 18 in the top 8 when there have only been 8 individual events and relay, meaning 17 would be the maximum possible?

We had swimming in TV :d

Our sole male representative Matej Duša finished dead last 8th in the 6th heat of M 50 FS with for him a quite disappointing clock of 22.64, His goal was to try swimming under 22 seconds for the first time in his life, well, did not happen.