website statistics

Wrestling at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

wow that's unbelievable. :yikes::cry::cry: but if the whole news of being overweight is correct I'm afraid the rest is true too, if you are overweight you are disqualified unless you completely withdrew from the 2nd day with medical reasons which is not the case here. 

I'm just speechless. this is really a rookie mistake :cry: I have to say I can't remember this ever happened in serious international competitions, let alone the most important competition

most people make up a fake medical document for this case, UWW easily accepts this. but based on the link you posted looks like the Indian team wasn't prepared for this

There are reports that it is not allowed. Unless you are injured in match and have forfeited the match by injury,you have to attend the second weigh-in. Image

4 minutes ago, PHI2019 said:

Official communication from Paris 2024 re disqualification of Vinesh

https://olympics.com/OG2024/pdf/OG2024/WRE/OG2024_WRE_C67_WREWFS50KG------------------------2.pdf

Not the ideal situation, but the best case scenario, instead of not having a final and no silver medal awarded. Better to give a chance to the losing semifinalist.

1 minute ago, intoronto said:

How is that even possible? I s2g India has had the worst luck at Paris :facepalm:

Worst luck of what? Vinesh is clearly a 53 kg wrestler, and it showed yesterday. Of course, it's a disaster for India, but on the other hand, she beat Susaki, so she at least did not leave the Paris without nothing

1 minute ago, Federer91 said:

Not the ideal situation, but the best case scenario, instead of not having a final and no silver medal awarded. Better to give a chance to the losing semifinalist.

Novikov starts today. I want a final Novikov - Beleniuk. It would be a big story but I do not think Zhan has a form to reach final.

10 minutes ago, avlar said:

Novikov starts today. I want a final Novikov - Beleniuk. It would be a big story but I do not think Zhan has a form to reach final.

I'm cautious with the expectations as haven't seen good stuff from the wrestlers so far. The Bisultanov match isn't an easy one.