Programme 114826ez87b86sig8ubgz8.png
Results System 112255r04u4pz70n9mu99d.png
Results Database 160706oyh04y5y4bzsnssy.png
Facebook Page 000832qcaljaxz2cfx2jfq.png
Discussion Thread 160706oyh04y5y4bzsnssy.png
Edited by Sindo

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In his preparation for the Olympic Games, Karlos Nasar took part at our National Championships, where he unofficially broke 3 world records again. :weightlifting:

In the snatch he did 183 kg, one more, than the current WR from Yeison Lopez.

In the C&J he did 225 kg, two more, than his own WR.

In total that was 408 kg, which is 12 kg higher, than the current WR from Li Dayin of 396kg. 

He actually tried a 230 lift in the C&J, but that was unsuccessful. 

Of course, this unofficial result is still long away from the lineal WR for this category from the 80s, which is 422.5 kg.

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

In his preparation for the Olympic Games, Karlos Nasar took part at our National Championships, where he unofficially broke 3 world records again. :weightlifting:

In the snatch he did 183 kg, one more, than the current WR from Yeison Lopez.

In the C&J he did 225 kg, two more, than his own WR.

In total that was 408 kg, which is 12 kg higher, than the current WR from Li Dayin of 396kg. 

He actually tried a 230 lift in the C&J, but that was unsuccessful. 

Of course, this unofficial result is still long away from the lineal WR for this category from the 80s, which is 422.5 kg.

let's be honest, if he ever comes even close to that, since we all know how that record was obtained, it could only mean that he's also "under treatment" like those people in the Eighties...

I like to think he's just phenomenal, without having to follow those bad, old patterns and therefore he doesn't improve that much anymore ;)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, phelps said:

let's be honest, if he ever comes even close to that, since we all know how that record was obtained, it could only mean that he's also "under treatment" like those people in the Eighties...

I like to think he's just phenomenal, without having to follow those bad, old patterns and therefore he doesn't improve that much anymore ;)

"Under treatment" or not is subjective. Were those results obtained in the allowed rules for those times, then they are valid. I've seen, read and heard enough stories of amazing athletes, that were just sporting wonders. Just like in every generation. It's getting tiresome hearing how "athletes from the 20th century are all enhanced". There are hundreds of new stuff, that current athletes do to evolve and improve their performance, that weren't being done in the past.

Also, it was just a reference, as sports history is rarely being brought up nowadays. Doesn't take away, that Karlos is amazing and a generational talent. :bowdown:

Edited by Federer91

13 hours ago, Federer91 said:

"Under treatment" or not is subjective. Were those results obtained in the allowed rules for those times, then they are valid. I've seen, read and heard enough stories of amazing athletes, that were just sporting wonders. Just like in every generation. It's getting tiresome hearing how "athletes from the 20th century are all enhanced". There are hundreds of new stuff, that current athletes do to evolve and improve their performance, that weren't being done in the past.

Also, it was just a reference, as sports history is rarely being brought up nowadays. Doesn't take away, that Karlos is amazing and a generational talent. :bowdown:

nobody is denying that ;)

and actually, my hope is that he's not so "built up" like the guys in the 80s, who set those insane records (and no, they were not within the rules of that time, as the many DQs are there to show ;)), because I really like him

but unfortunately, I'm old enough to have lived the times of Seoul 1988 and the following years, up to one of my all time favorites, Ilya Ilin, who proved to be one of the greatest cheaters of all time

so, I'm still here watching weightlifting, but I'm not so naive to trust the sport with closed eyes :dunno:

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Somebodyyouknow said:

Why does weightlifting have this weird rule of only 3 athletes per gender from every country? Seems very restrictive.

To avoid being another table tennis competition 

24 minutes ago, Somebodyyouknow said:

Why does weightlifting have this weird rule of only 3 athletes per gender from every country? Seems very restrictive.

taekwondo has same rule though no dominating country now exist