website statistics

Table Tennis at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

Möregårdh with a fantastic tournament, but the Universe allows you to beat only one Chinese player at a time. He should feel very proud of what he achieved.

To put in perspective, in 42 table tennis events in the history of the Olympics, this is only the second time, where we have 2 Medalists not from Asia. The first - 1992 Men's singles where gold and silver were for Europe and another :SWE , legend Jan-Ove Waldner.

Men's Singles
Final Results

:CHN FAN Zhendong

:SWE Truls MOREGARD

:FRA Felix LEBRUN

Gold Medal Match

:CHN Fan Zhendong  4 - 1  Truls Moregard :SWE
(-7, 9, 9, 8, 8)

Bronze Medal Match

:FRA Felix Lebrun  4 - 0 Hugo Calderano :BRA
(6, 10, 7, 6)

Full Final Rounds Brackets HERE
Full Elimination Rounds Brackets Here
Preliminary Round Brackets HERE

On 7/31/2024 at 5:06 AM, zob79 said:

Naturally I'm biased as our girls are involved; my logical side of brain says Romania has a slight advantage, let's say 55%-45%

But I noticed Indian users around here are very happy with the draw, so they must be right, 'cause that's the way democracy works: the majority always knows better.

I'm sure all those users are die-hard table tennis fanatics, they know Romanian team like the back of their hands (no sexual innuendo intended) and can put their emotions aside when rating it.

Well it seems majority does always work at the end :lol:

:IND are through to the QF in Women’s Team event :hyper: 

This is our debut in this event, another FIRST for us in this Olympics. We are deffo heading in the right direction with a number of improvements across various sports :clap: 

:IND 3-2 :ROU :thumbup:

It was a very tight match but Manika Batra  ( WR 28)  winning her match against Bernadette Szocs (WR 10) was vital in winning this match

Edited by Roamingrover86

On 7/31/2024 at 5:36 PM, zob79 said:

Naturally I'm biased as our girls are involved; my logical side of brain says Romania has a slight advantage, let's say 55%-45%

But I noticed Indian users around here are very happy with the draw, so they must be right, 'cause that's the way democracy works: the majority always knows better.

I'm sure all those users are die-hard table tennis fanatics, they know Romanian team like the back of their hands (no sexual innuendo intended) and can put their emotions aside when rating it.

Hello brother

:IND beat :ROU 3-2. 

Ayhika Mukherjee was not part of the team. She beat WR 1 in Women's Singles in February 2024. She beat WR 2 in Women's doubles during Asian Games.

I would call a depleted Indian side beat your Romanian team.

1 minute ago, Roamingrover86 said:

:IND are through to the QF in Women’s Team event :hyper: 

This is our debut in this event :clap:

:IND 3-2 :ROU :thumbup:

It was a very tight match but Manika Batra winning her match against Bernadette Szocs (WR 10) was vital in winning this match

This win is even more sweet because we had lost to Romania in World Team Qualifiers for Tokyo Olympics. Historic win for the team. 

1 hour ago, tirtha22 said:

Hello brother

:IND beat :ROU 3-2. 

Ayhika Mukherjee was not part of the team. She beat WR 1 in Women's Singles in February 2024. She beat WR 2 in Women's doubles during Asian Games.

I would call a depleted Indian side beat your Romanian team.

Congratulations!

Excuse me, I was eating a non-depleted brownie

If the lights light up exactly at the correct moment, he was definitely first, since his light went on first. Not sure if those lights are 100% accurate though?

2 hours ago, sounak said:

Well it seems majority does always work at the end :lol:

A flip coin works 50%

I don't wanna argue with you; GL against chinese Germany

Edited by zob79

If the lights light up exactly at the correct moment, he was definitely first, since his light went on first. Not sure if those lights are 100% accurate though?