website statistics

Breaking at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

this is the proof that not every sport should be Olympic sport, i'm sorry but it's just not fun to look and with the limit of people participating at the olympic it will better to switch it or even give the quotas to already olympic sports to get bigger

17 minutes ago, Dnl said:

i'm sorry but it's just not fun to look

That's really just an opinion. "It is not fun to look" can't be a reason to not be Olympic. I find modern pentathlon, all of the indoor shooting, rhythmic gymastics, artistic swimming or most sailing disciplines (everything with boats) just not at all fun to watch, but that doesn't mean it should not be Olympic, since it's just my opinion and that means...well, nothing :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Honestly I think my favourite part about the breaking at the Olympics was the reactions of angry people with foam on their mouths on social media :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Honestly, I don't understand the vitriol breaking received. Some of the hate gave serious "old man" vibes of complaining. We have ice and water dancing at the Olympics. Would we have gotten the same had Latin or Classical dance been added instead?

In the end this is a sport practiced around the world, it checked all the boxes for Olympic inclusion

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

That's really just an opinion. "It is not fun to look" can't be a reason to not be Olympic. I find modern pentathlon, all of the indoor shooting, rhythmic gymastics, artistic swimming or most sailing disciplines (everything with boats) just not at all fun to watch, but that doesn't mean it should not be Olympic, since it's just my opinion and that means...well, nothing :p 

well the whole purpose of adding breakdancing was to attratct younger generation, for me it felt more cringe then exciting, also inside the breakdace community there are voices saying that making this into an olympic sport ,was damaging to this sport.

again for me  it was hard to understand what was going on and who should win or not, and that cringe moments did not help, there are plenty of other sports that is more suited to the OG  trying to get a place at the OG, only they got less PR (or maybe somone don't think it will be "cool" enough for young fans...:p)

13 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Honestly, I don't understand the vitriol breaking received. Some of the hate gave serious "old man" vibes of complaining. We have ice and water dancing at the Olympics. Would we have gotten the same had Latin or Classical dance been added instead?

In the end this is a sport practiced around the world, it checked all the boxes for Olympic inclusion

what makes me confused is that breaking looks like another version of floor or rhythmic gymnastics, just in more hyped entourage. I didn't get what exactly makes it totally another sport

Bring back the 1991 borders

5 hours ago, Dnl said:

inside the breakdace community there are voices saying that making this into an olympic sport ,was damaging to this sport.

Ya, so snowboarding, freestyle skiing, surfing, skateboarding, freestyle BMX, heck even climbing all had these concerns too.

It’s a very common concern among those “action” sports.

Edited by NearPup

On 8/10/2024 at 12:48 PM, heywoodu said:

Yeah, the almost hatred and ridicule that has gone towards Raygun on social media is truly disgusting....

I’d say she deserves everything she gets. According to Twitter - I’m not a member so can’t link directly - Professor Gunn herself & her husband created the Australian Breaking Association. When the IOC (at third hand) asked her, as a “neutral”expert, who the official representatives of Australian Breaking were, she named her own self-created Association.  And then this Association held a qualifying tournament which Professor Gunn won, and her husband was appointed national Team Coach.  Presumably all financed by the Australian Government.  Which seems to have a pretty good case for fraud.  

(We had a similar case in London 2012 when a guy & his Ukrainian wife {who tbf did have some wrestling experience} created a UK Wrestling Association & got away with large sums.)

Full story on a crazed right-wing website.

https://acecomments.mu.nu/?post=411013