website statistics

Boxing at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

59 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah, the usual suspect websites here are suddenly interested in the Olympics as well, because there's drama to be made and 'omg, woke!! woke!!' to be yelled :lol: 

What a surprise! :d I wonder if these usual suspects (or more rather social media where you can write whatever you want) also started to disseminate the claim that this person is transgender (obviously not true, but it makes the story more rage-bait). BS can travel far and wide on social media, see fakenews about the identity of the Southport attacker in :GBR 

36 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Medical comission did, that's important.

I dream about clean sport. 

I dont think this particular case is clean but if IOC decided she's in... Let it be.

Anyhow, boxing is a travesty.

Exactly. Olympic boxing with this judging is a farce and every serious country should stop financing this circus. You spend money and then lose to someone in the 1st round, who knows why or you will be forced to fight a man who was supposedly raised to be a woman. Btw., and if he told me as a child that I was the King of England, that means that I would actually be the King :P

1 hour ago, ChandlerMne said:

Biology is an exact science.

Y chromosome can mean ONLY one thing. Its not a female.

Simple as that.

"Biology is an exact science" is such a funny line.

Sex isn't a binary, which apparently makes some people extremely uncomfortable. Everyone has some amount of male and female sexual characteristics, and some variation there is completly normal. But I do find it pretty disturbing to call someone who, as far as we know, has every major female sexual organs and has been considered a woman "not female" just because she happens to have DSD. Because she's certainly not a male either.

18 minutes ago, copravolley said:

Semenya somehow didn’t give up when she was supposed to win gold in 2016.

Yet 2016 final was the nail in the coffin since it wasn't only Semenya but two others that filled out the podium. And this is the ultimate problem. The more DSD sneak into the women events the more obvious their advantage eventually becomes.

I actually think it makes a lot of sense to limit access to women's sports from female athletes with DSDs, but for the love of God can we stop pretending these athletes are men or that they are, as individuals, doing anything wrong?

12 minutes ago, NearPup said:

"Biology is an exact science" is such a funny line.

Sex isn't a binary, which apparently makes some people extremely uncomfortable. Everyone has some amount of male and female sexual characteristics, and some variation there is completly normal. But I do find it pretty disturbing to call someone who, as far as we know, has every major female sexual organs and has been considered a woman "not female" just because she happens to have DSD. Because she's certainly not a male either.

I know what i am talking about because biology is my professional occupation. I am physician. So, if you want to further discuss it, we can continue in appropriate topic.

9 minutes ago, NearPup said:

I actually think it makes a lot of sense to limit access to women's sports from female athletes with DSDs, but for the love of God can we stop pretending these athletes are men or that they are, as individuals, doing anything wrong?

Actually, they are doing something wrong.  Average athletes are consciously choosing to place themselves in a category to which they do not belong because they know that they are likely to win & thereby profit.  It’s called fraud.