website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Olympic Qualifier 2024

Totallympics

so ... Aik Mnatsakanian won the quota without doing much offensively. with just good defense

he won his first match against a weak opponent by just a gut wrench but from then in his next 3 matches he was intentionally passive early to receive the first caution to eventually win the match 1-1. yeah that worked for him 3 times. 

I can't blame the wrestlers for taking advantage of shitty rules. it's unbelievable they are not fixing this after 3-4 years. lots of matches finished 1-1 today. :thumbdown:

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

so ... Aik Mnatsakanian won the quota without doing much offensively. with just good defense

he won his first match against a weak opponent by just a gut wrench but from then in his next 3 matches he was intentionally passive early to receive the first caution to eventually win the match 1-1. yeah that worked for him 3 times. 

I can't blame the wrestlers for taking advantage of shitty rules. it's unbelievable they are not fixing this after 3-4 years. lots of matches finished 1-1 today. :thumbdown:

Yeah, watched today's matches and good reminder for me why I don't watch it besides Olympics. Nemeš won his match in 1st round vs Romanian in that fashion and then Kajaia lost in quarter finals in the same exact way. Nothing was done in both those matches except for pushing for 5min30secs and two unsucceesfull attempts on floor. It's silly that somebody won at both instances. They showed nothing. 

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

I honestly don’t think Greco Roman wrestling deserves to continue as an Olympic sport under the current rules.

Posted (edited)

I have to give credit to Rafiq Huseynov for winning the quota. he won 4 hard matches at this old age to do so. and that was my prediction too 

but he had some helps from the refs in all 4 matches, some small helps and some big big helps like the India match, to me Sunil Kumar clearly got robbed in the last second. 

Sunil also got robbed in Asian Qualifiers against Berdimuratov. poor guy :cry:

Edited by MHSN

18 minutes ago, MHSN said:

some small helps and some big big helps like the India match, to me Sunil Kumar clearly got robbed in the last second. 

Sunil also got robbed in Asian Qualifiers against Berdimuratov. poor guy :cry:

Atleast Sunil lives to fight another day this time.

The Italian team today:

-4 fights - 4 defeats against rivals who were eliminated in next rounds.

Disgrace. Biggest chance - Kakhelashvili was swept off the mat by the Hungarian. We are a joke in this sport and I don't know why we sent these people to Istanbul? Only Chamizo or Conyedo should will go in freestyle category. The rest of squad let them start a serious trening instead of embarrassing themselves further. That's all I have to say.

both 130kg semifinals ended up 1-1 with both guys trying to be extremely passive in the first period creating some very ugly minutes of wrestling :thumbdown:

even a 10years old kid can understand this needs to change :mad:

Russia and Egypt still have a chance to make their team full tomorrow. AZE will finish with 5 quotas. Iran is still the only country with full Greco team.