website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

9 minutes ago, copravolley said:

I think the IOC must give him such a card. UWW is already done with it + kind of gave us back 1 card in Russo's case. Now all hope lies in Malago and his contacts with Bach. Then a wild card will be possible.

I wish it to you with all my heart, Chamizo is a good wrestler

16 minutes ago, copravolley said:

I think the IOC must give him such a card. UWW is already done with it + kind of gave us back 1 card in Russo's case. Now all hope lies in Malago and his contacts with Bach. Then a wild card will be possible.

Its a way UWW deals with it - fix one injustice creating another one

what a bad mistake by Sujeet :facepalm::hairpull:  he went for a cheap pushout and ended up giving up 2 pts. Retherford could never score on him even if he had 60 minutes instead of 6. 

USA is one win away from having a full team in Paris, the same as Russia and Azerbaijan

11 minutes ago, MHSN said:

what a bad mistake by Sujeet :facepalm::hairpull:  he went for a cheap pushout and ended up giving up 2 pts. Retherford could never score on him even if he had 60 minutes instead of 6. 

USA is one win away from having a full team in Paris, the same as Russia and Azerbaijan

In both yesterday's 65kg semifinals and today's 74kg bronze we lost because in both rounds passivity went against our wrestlers. 74kg bronze medal match was decided on passivity points :cry:

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, sounak said:

In both yesterday's 65kg semifinals and today's 74kg bronze we lost because in both rounds passivity went against our wrestlers. 74kg bronze medal match was decided on passivity points :cry:

I was OK with passivity calls but Demirtas deserved a "Caution and 1" for fleeing the hold (and running) in last 20-30 seconds. but obviously India wouldn't get a favorable call in Turkey against a Turkish wrestler. still surprised why the Indian coach didn't push that damn challenge button, he had nothing to lose.

Edited by MHSN

Ben Honis has no chance against the Chinese. Unfortunately, our native freestyle wrestlers are simply too weak physically. This is a gap that no amount of technical training, will to fight, ambition, etc. can bridge. Conyedo, on the other hand, couldn't find his place after moving to a higher category. He has no idea how to fight. Chamizo was motivated, but age is already taking its toll + huge competition + scandal in Baku. Miraculously, we are left with one qualification for women and avoid the embarrassment of the decade. However, I don't see the future of wrestling in Italy without major changes. There are two options: naturalization of foreigners or hiring a coaching staff from abroad. Or both. With the current staff, we are doomed.

Posted (edited)

Quota matches

57: :CHN vs :UKR

65: :BLR vs :USA

74: :ALB vs :TUR

86: :UKR vs :GEO

97: :UZB vs :CHN

125: :HUN vs :VEN

this guy Diaz is a giant killer :d he beat Baran and now Sharipov !! I know Sharipov is in a terrible shape. but he was Russia #1 at some point ffs. RUS #1 losing to VEN feels like the end of the world :d

Edited by MHSN

58 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I was furious watching that bout. But these are our young wrestlers they will learn from these mistakes. Our men’s team is undergoing a major overhaul in most categories. We need to stick with these talented youngsters. 
Same with Jaideep , i thought the chief coach got the tactics wrong , they planned to tire Demitras & then go for attack. Jaideep has excellent defensive skills but he needs to know when to attack & left it too late. 
Hopefully these mistakes will help us get  our freestyle program in order for Asian games 2026 & LA 2028

No freestyle quotas for :UKR Zero. For the first time ever. And if we obvoously miseed 2 WW quotas, our freestyle is in deep crisis for a long time. Last Olympic medal was gotten in London 2012.

We finished with 2 WW and 2 GR quotas - the worst result in history. But the next cycle will be even more difficult for the men`s side as a result of the war.