website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, MHSN said:

wow, just wow

the officiating was terrible the entire match mostly in favor of Valiev, but then that last challenge changed everything, I wasn't even looking at my monitor, that was a desperation try from Rassadin, nobody expected anything from this. was it really a singlet grab ? I wasn't paying attention

really feel sorry for Chamizo. very very unlucky

You can see he was out of shape here. Apparently he hasn't recovered from Baku. From the beginning today he was simply weak and should not have started here.

Chamizo should not start here and continue to make noise, maybe they would give him a wild card. Now, that doesn't make sense anymore. Italy is 99% sure they won't have a single wrestler in Paris, so the Baku scandal should be the wild card. These qualifications are just terrible and very unlucky for him.

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Roamingrover86 said:

Yesssss! :clap:We have our first Men’s FS quota for Paris . We won 🥈 last time in Tokyo in this weight class , hopefully we can do something again in Paris 

@MHSN One of your favourite wrestler outside Iran is going to Paris . 

What a dominating performance by young Aman Sherawat :IND He will be a tough fight for anyone . Our 6th Wrestling quota overall :thumbup:

He is surely a medal favorite in Paris but as I said so many times about him, he needs to survive the first period. some guys like Abakarov or Higuchi won't let that happen if they find a weakness. 

now we didn't qualify in this weight (that still hurts :() I will be certainly cheering for him in Paris

Edited by MHSN

In our team, Chamizo was the only one fighting for something, Honis fought bravely against the Pole + good performances of the women's team. It's sad to see Conyedo - he can't cope at this weight at all. We now only have 1 wrestler who could actually fight for QO here. He was unlucky - yes, but if we had 3-4 people like him, a QO would have come by. I don't understand why we didn't think of bringing in a few people from the Caucasus and those regions 1-2 years ago. Then there would be some chance of qualifying, because sending Conyedo or the classics in this form made no sense.