website statistics

Wrestling UWW Asian Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

@hckošice the struggle is getting real. I wasn't joking when I said it won't be easy for us to win many medals. Wrestling, Hockey, Weightlifting, Out of form Sindhu, Far from convincing Lovlina= 7-6=1 Neeraj.

This coupled with endless federation issues, politics, highest unemployment rates in decade, lack of grassroot funding, poor anti doping awareness, and lack of public interest outside cricket.

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

here are the quotas, max 2 quotas for everybody

57: :KGZ:UZB
65: :JPN:KGZ
74: :UZB:IRI
86: :JPN:MGL

97: :KAZ:IRI

125: :MGL:KAZ

my take on what happened today

as for Iran, only once in history we failed to qualify a full men's freestyle team and that was in 1996 only because our 48kg guy failed in the weight-in! (only one qualification tournament back then)

but I'm afraid it will happen again, they are trying different wrestlers but we are just weak in lower weights. Mohammadnejad-Javan had a good draw today but he failed miserably. it's already decided who is going to Turkey but I'm not optimistic at all. :(

we won two quotas today, Emami at 74 had a shaky start against the Korean but he was much much better in the afternoon and made up for that terrible start. but 97kg Azarpira was simply terrible. I don't know what's wrong with him, sometimes he wrestles like a future Olympic Champion but sometimes he is just bad. he won the quota but gave us a scare in both matches. after all I was expecting 2 and we got 2 but the performance was worrisome 

57kg: :KGZ Almaz-uulu survived two close matches against CHN and MGL to qualify. while he was lucky I think he was the better wrestler from the top half. 

I feel sorry for Aman, his offence is world class but his weak defense costs him sometimes like today. :UZB Abdullaev knew even 9-0 lead is not safe against Aman, so he never stopped attacking until he won 10-0. poor tactical match from Aman, I still think he will quaify next time but other wrestlers are figuring him out. he has to adjust 

65kg: :KGZ Akmataliev had two tough matches against MGL #2 (I still can't understand they they didn't register Tulga) and PRK. you never see North Korean wrestlers gassing but it happened today. in the other half the first round match was the real final, this new Japanese kid Kiyooka is a real deal. he beat Kudiev despite making lots of errors. with a little more of international experience I would consider him a gold medal favorite in Paris (or in next few years)

74kg: Emami and Abdurakhmanov were top 2 wrestlers in the draw and won the quotas. not much drama here

86kg: Hayato Ishiguro is a good wrestler himself but today was his lucky day. he was supposed to go through Deepak and Sharipov but then that happened to Deepak and Sharipov lost to the Korean and Ishiguro had to wrestle something like 1 minute to qualify :d Bahrain made a big big mistake letting Sharipov wrestle at the Asian Champs few days ago. he was very tired today and lost easily.

the other SF finished 1-1 (passivity points only) and MGL won a lucky undeserving quota. the Chinese wrestler was a bit better but after all none of them deserved the quota but someone had to win. :thumbdown:

97kg: Yergali was lucky to beat the Chinese wrestler. still I think he was the better wrestler but the top half was easier anyway. in bottom half I think Yoshida has a bright future. Azarpira somehow managed to beat him but that was an ugly win. the Mongolian was tough too. I won't be surprised if both of them qualify in Turkey.

125kg: :MGL Monkhtor beat the grandpa Deng by two passivity cautions. he controlled the center of the mat and Deng could's score on him. Deng beat him last year in Belgrade but he is aging. 

in other SF I was expecting a win for Sharpiov but same as his brother in 86kg he made a huge mistake (by participating at the Asian Champs) he was deadly tired already and the Giant Kazakh took his chance. 

38 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

@hckošice the struggle is getting real. I wasn't joking when I said it won't be easy for us to win many medals. Wrestling, Hockey, Weightlifting, Out of form Sindhu, Far from convincing Lovlina= 7-6=1 Neeraj.

This coupled with endless federation issues, politics, highest unemployment rates in decade, lack of grassroot funding, poor anti doping awareness, and lack of public interest outside cricket.

Chill ! We will get something bonus in shooting,archery 🙂🙂

14 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Don't worry, ab ki baar 10 medal paar