website statistics

Athletics WA World Relays 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

We defended ourselves, but the women's 4x100 relay team on big -. I hope for her promotion tomorrow or possibly Jamaica's promotion and Costa d'Avorio = 1st place in the ranking. I'm worried about the mix - without 2 changes there is no chance for the amount.

Just now, copravolley said:

We defended ourselves, but the women's 4x100 relay team on big -. I hope for her promotion tomorrow or possibly Jamaica's promotion and Costa d'Avorio = 1st place in the ranking. I'm worried about the mix - without 2 changes there is no chance for quota.

48 minutes ago, Epic Failure said:

If Botswana can find a 4th leg from someone younger than Makwala they are serious gold medal contenders in the mens 4x4 in Paris. The other 3 legs were outstanding.

They have other options which makes me wonder why they're using Makwala.

2 hours ago, dullard said:

They have other options which makes me wonder why they're using Makwala.

Given they had a couple of guys in the mixed, it wasn't that bad a shout to pick Makwala - the other options weren't much quicker on paper and his pedigree is obviously great. I was just making a joke that he's almost as old as me. :d

7 hours ago, NearPup said:

The officials line up the runners in a specific order to receive the batton. The American runner was lined up 3rd but walked up to the first position.

What an utterly rookie mistake.  He’s been running 4x400s since he was literally 8 years old. :redcard:

7 hours ago, Josh said:

Ton of teams that are favoured over them. Final is possible though. 

:FRA  Set a WR at the Euros in 90 or 91 with a pretty average squad; get the changes right & you can win.

Trying to predict substitutions, but it looks impossible, since published entries are incorrect.

For example, Botswana: Makwala started 4x400(M) but was not on the list. And Pesela started 4x400(X) but was not on the list for that discipline 

Anyway, Ukraine in X will have a very hard task with the first place to be sealed by the Great Britain and the second contested by Spain and Botswana. If Botswana will include Ndori into this squad instead of fighting for prize money, they will be great favourites.

Screenshot_511.pngScreenshot_510.png