website statistics

Taekwondo PATU American Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Just now, Josh said:

Quota for :CAN Josipa Kafadar in women’s -49kg :hyper::yikes::yikes::yikes:

Taekwondo Canada, I take that back :p

It was a smart move to take Kafadar in this event as opposed to the athlete who beat Kraayeveld

12 minutes ago, james89 said:

It was a smart move to take Kafadar in this event as opposed to the athlete who beat Kraayeveld

I don’t agree. I feel like I’ve underestimated Leonarda Andric as I don’t know much about her but she’s actually a quality fighter and it wasn’t that much of an upset. Of course, I would’ve preferred Kraayeveld should they have selected women’s -67kg as one of Taekwondo Canada’s weightclasses but I’d think she’d have a solid chance at a quota as long as she wasn’t on the same half as Soltero. She’s had a good record since going pro in 2017. Kafadar “winning” a quota was a HUGE surprise, she wasn’t expected to be amongst the contenders, and the Colombian athlete was robbed anyways IMO. 

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

I don’t agree. I feel like I’ve underestimated Leonarda Andric as I don’t know much about her but she’s actually a quality fighter and it wasn’t that much of an upset. Of course, I would’ve preferred Kraayeveld should they have selected women’s -67kg as one of Taekwondo Canada’s weightclasses but I’d think she’d have a solid chance at a quota as long as she wasn’t on the same half as Soltero. She’s had a good record since going pro in 2017. Kafadar “winning” a quota was a HUGE surprise, she wasn’t expected to be amongst the contenders, and the Colombian athlete was robbed anyways IMO. 

Not a fan of the passivity warning after the bell?

(I honnestly don't know enough about taekwondo officiating to have any clue if it was warranted or not)