website statistics

Team GB at 2024 Olympic Qualifier Series Road to Paris 2024

17 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Charlotte Worthington having another pretty mediocre competition - 10th place in the final. At least she managed a respectable score this time out though. 

She's in no sort of form, but I think she's...whisper it perhaps...a  little bit older than some of her competitors.

She'll always be the first Olympic champ though. She can retire on that, frankly.

19 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Charlotte Worthington having another pretty mediocre competition - 10th place in the final. At least she managed a respectable score this time out though. 

Amazing how many of the brits have taken, or just missed, the final spot in these comps - likely to be first reserve in 3, scraping in in another two.

Not one of the qualifying sports here but golfers Georgia Hall and Charley Hull have confirmed their places on the team after being the only two Brits to make the halfway cut at the final qualifying tournament

Edited by Nickyc707

1 hour ago, cjsavory said:

Men's Rugby 7s team also safely through to the QF of the qualifying competition. Win it tomorrow and they're in. 

Slight issue is South Africa are still in. Got to best Tonga in QF and then see what happens 

4 hours ago, mpjmcevoy said:

Amazing how many of the brits have taken, or just missed, the final spot in these comps - likely to be first reserve in 3, scraping in in another two.

Yeah...but whats happening with b-boy spinarooney

1 hour ago, RussB said:

Slight issue is South Africa are still in. Got to best Tonga in QF and then see what happens 

:TGA  should (and I say should, because this is sport and you never know) be a win for :GBR.  

:ESP in the SF is likely to be a much tougher match. We're favourites but it will be a challenge. And then my worry is that whoever wins that SF will be knackered before facing a slightly more well rested  :RSA in the final. 

Just now, Epic Failure said:

:TGA  should (and I say should, because this is sport and you never know) be a win for :GBR.  

:ESP in the SF is likely to be a much tougher match. We're favourites but it will be a challenge. And then my worry is that whoever wins that SF will be knackered before facing a slightly more well rested  :RSA in the final. 

They will have to survive two tough matches and IF they do will need to bring their best to the final dance. Last chance, so gotta leave it all out there and hope it’s enough. GB seem to be right on the cusp of so many quotas this week.