website statistics

Weightlifting IWF World Cup 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

24 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Nono, it should be 3 men and 3 women. It can be both either qualified through the Olympic ranking and use the Host quota. If France qualifies a weightlifter in a certain category through Olympic ranking, then I think it should be in the same category where the unused host quota should be reallocated to another country in the line. 

Host quotas are 2 each per gender not 3. France can get 2 quotas additionally categories as host. But there are just 4 French lifters eligible 2 each in gender unless I missed a lifter or two as they didn't participate in enough compulsory events. 

19 hours ago, MHSN said:

Women's 59kg quotas

:CHN:UKR:CAN:COL:TPE:VEN:PHI:NGR:FRA:MEX and :MHL

next in line: :USA:BEL:ITA:JPN:MHL

this is a bit messed up because Ukraine should be banned from the Olympics (still not a sure thing). China might not pick up this weight as well. (Luo Shifang broke the WR but injured herself in the process, not sure how serious it was)

and when it comes to realocation, USA will pick 3 other weights, this Belgian girl is also qualified at 49kg!! she is currently 59kg but still I don't how is the order of things, can she wait for a reallocated quota in this weight (which she prefers) or she has to confirm her 49kg quota first ? 

MHL has the continental quota for now (she might even get into top 10) 

This Belgian website https://sporza.be/nl/2024/04/03/nina-sterckx-is-nu-ook-zeker-van-ticket-voor-olympische-spelen-in-categorie-onder-59kg~1712180352047/ states that Nina Sterckx has too choose by may 1 between 49 and 59 kg. "Meetings between her entourage and the Belgian Olympic Committee are being planned to make a thorough ethical and medical correct decision."

1 hour ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Host quotas are 2 each per gender not 3. France can get 2 quotas additionally categories as host. But there are just 4 French lifters eligible 2 each in gender unless I missed a lifter or two as they didn't participate in enough compulsory events. 

Oh sorry, my bad. Probably I misread the regulations. I thought there might be 3 spots per gender for every country including the host country. 

27 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Oh sorry, my bad. Probably I misread the regulations. I thought there might be 3 spots per gender for every country including the host country. 

Yes 3 spots by normal qualifying. If 2 spots qualified by OQR, 1 host quotas can be used and vice versa. If none by OQR then only 2 host quotas. However participation in minimum events specified is essential. Host Quotas is only 2 per gender and not 3. 

73kg looks very interesting with Rahmat Erwin and Shi Zhiyong (hopefully healthy) battling but unfortunately I won't be able to watch it :(:(

if someone wants to make a list after it, there was only 1 significant result from Group B or C, :ALB Briken Calja with 333kg which put him in 13th place 

:TUN Karem Ben Hnia (currently 14th) is guaranteed a place in Paris since there is nobody from Africa and Oceania in Group A to challenge him. (he beats the athlete from Madagascar by just 1 kilo)

lots of athletes are remaining in Group A but most of them are already in Top 10, there won't be much changes anyway. the big question is about Shi Zhiyong , I assume he has to win the event to convince the Chinese coaches. 

The Spanish competitor and the Italian have the same results in the 73 kg category: 335 kg. What determines a higher place? Body weight during the competition in which they achieved their best results?

9 minutes ago, copravolley said:

The Spanish competitor and the Italian have the same results in the 73 kg category: 335 kg. What determines a higher place? Body weight during the competition in which they achieved their best results?

whoever achieves it first

38 minutes ago, MHSN said:

73kg looks very interesting with Rahmat Erwin and Shi Zhiyong (hopefully healthy) battling but unfortunately I won't be able to watch it :(:(

if someone wants to make a list after it, there was only 1 significant result from Group B or C, :ALB Briken Calja with 333kg which put him in 13th place 

:TUN Karem Ben Hnia (currently 14th) is guaranteed a place in Paris since there is nobody from Africa and Oceania in Group A to challenge him. (he beats the athlete from Madagascar by just 1 kilo)

lots of athletes are remaining in Group A but most of them are already in Top 10, there won't be much changes anyway. the big question is about Shi Zhiyong , I assume he has to win the event to convince the Chinese coaches. 

Can you share link to live results, please??

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Can you share link to live results, please??

it's live on the Olympic Channel (if it doesn't show up, it means that you're in a Country where weightliftinghouse.com has the streaming rights, but it's a pay site, so, you need a vpn -I normally use the Indian vpn and it works well with the Olympic Channel)

Edited by phelps