Who are favorites in each category? THANKS

My 50 cents regarding WW:

50 kg: Stadnik, Stankevich

53 kg: Ana, Prevolaraki

57 kg: Khorokhavtseva, Nikolova

62 kg: Soltanova, Ivanova

68 kg: Anghel, Velieva

76 kg: Axente, Adar

The draw for team BG :BUL seems more favorable, than not. Still, i'm keeping my expectations at the bare minimum, as the Euros showed, that we are having trouble getting people to finals :wall:  Also, not having Nazaryan and Milov in GR is a huge blow, which i'm still not over of :(

Freestyle:

- FS 57 kg - Vangelov (TS 3) needs only 2 wins for the quota and has a dream draw with :GER Lehr or Tsiutryn. All the big favorites :AZE Rzazade, :TUR Atli and :GEO Dingashvili are on the other side.

- FS 65 kg - Naim is on the better half too, even though with the number 1 seed :MDA Sacultan, but he is a very unreliable first seed. If Naim gets passed him he has a 50-50 chance with whoever reaches the 1/2 from the other quarter. The big names, Euro Champ :ALB Dudaev, :AZE Aliyev will fight it out on the other half. 

- FS 74 kg - Kirov with absolutely no chance. Pretty even draw on both sides.

- FS 86 kg - Ramazanov (TS 2) with a perfect draw and i will be disappointed, if he doesn't get the quota. The top 4 names :GRE Kurugliev, :AIN Naifonov, :TUR Gocen and :SVK Makoev are all on the other side.

- FS 125 kg - Khubulov should be the favorite, but he could lose to :AZE or :ITA 

Greco-Roman:

- GR 67 kg - Amaev has a tricky first match against :UKR Nasibov. If he gets passed him, then it will probably be a fight with :HUN Vancza for the quota. This is a pretty open category.

- GR 77 kg - Kubatov is a good wrestler with lot's of heart, but this is a tough weight. He has to win (the most) 4 matches with great opponents at every coming round, so no chance for him to reach the final.

- GR 130 kg - Ivanov with his first ever GR competition (he was a FS wrestler until now), so yeah :d

Women:

- WW 50 kg - Selishka (TS 3) missed the scariest :AZE Stadnik and :UKR Livach, but still has :AIN Sokolova ( :POL Lukasiak). Can't say i'm confident.

- WW 53 kg - Binkova, just no..

- WW 57 kg - Nikolova (TS 4) with a fantastic draw. She missed :AIN Kurachkina & :UKR Hrushyna, who were the ones always beating her at big events. Now only has :TUR Kamaloglu, who she already beat at the Euros earlier this year. There won't be a better chance for the quota.

- WW 62 kg - Dudova (TS 1) has a rematch with :SWE Lindborg from the Euro. She lost there and is very prone to psychological problems.. But, if Dudova gets passed her she should get the quota.

- WW 68 kg - I had big fate in Hristova (TS 2), but she is one, who doesn't have a nice draw. Very tough first match with fellow BG ( :AZE )Manolova. After that it's a battle with the two :AIN 's for the quota.

- WW 76 kg - Georgieva is only for the participation here.

Frank Chamizo seems to have a good draw? In theory, he should fight 1/2 with the representative of Azerbaijan. How do you see his chances? The most difficult rival from Slovakia (Rus) is in the second part of the bracket.

51 minutes ago, copravolley said:

Frank Chamizo seems to have a good draw? In theory, he should fight 1/2 with the representative of Azerbaijan. How do you see his chances? The most difficult rival from Slovakia (Rus) is in the second part of the bracket.

Chamizo will have a tougher match with :HUN Kuramagomedov, than with Bayramov in my opinion.

1 hour ago, copravolley said:

Chamizo will lost in first round with Ołenczyn :p

2 hours ago, zob79 said:

Khorokhavtseva

In which world she is a favorite from the draw with world-class wrester Alina Hrushyna and her biggest rival Iryna Kurachkina? I hope it's a joke

Finally home :d now let's take a look at Greco brackets

but keep in mind European competitions in Greco-Roman is very competitive , there are only few clear favorites. most of the quotas are hard to predict

60kg:

Asian totally dominated this weight at worlds, which means we were supposed to see the whole Europe here, but Nazaryan (BUL) is absent and Armenia is not here too. still a very unbalanced draw makes the situation more interesting

in top half Ciobanu couldn't dream of a better draw. his first round is a bit tricky but I think he has a clean path to the semifinal with the guy from BLR as his only half serious rival. he does stupid mistakes sometimes but barring that I can't see him losing the quota.

bottom half is a completely different story with Allahiarov, Mammadli, Abuladze, Tibilov, Basar and couple more solid wrestlers like Arnaut. we have 3 World medalists from 63kg with two of them facing each other in the first round, Turkey is using a different guy after Kerem Kamal losing in Euro. I'm not sure if that was a good idea but Basar will face Tibilov and the winner gets Kinsinger (2020 Olympian) Mammadli is the current European Champion and he is wrestling at home which will give him a better chance. World Champion L. Abuladze will face Arnaut in the 2nd round and possibly Allahiarov in QF. lots of 50/50 matches in this half but my picks are :MDA:AZE

67kg: balanced draw

we have few "good" wrestlers in top half, Vancza, Nehoda, Amaev, Nasibov and even Thoresen. it's hard to pick one, Nasibov is an Olympic silver medalist but he never "shined" after Tokyo, Amaev won a bronze in Euro in his first serious 67kg competition and Nehoda had some decent results in VehbiEmre tourney few weeks ago. I think one of these 3 guys will get it.

I think Bichurin (RUS) and Can (TUR) are top favorites in bottom half. we also have Mihut and Chkhikvadze facing each other in first round. the winner most probably goes to the SF and needs one more win. Can is my pick here but he has to beat world medalist Sleiva first (terrible at 67kg) and Bichurin and Sylla (FRA) who is also good. it will be really hard for Can to win 3 tough matches. but still my picks :UKR:TUR

77kg:

top half is harder, 72kg World Champ Ghanem will wrestle the Russian Tulubaev and the winner gets Nemes and the winner gets my favorite guy Gutu, we also have former World 82kg Champion Akbudak in this half with Kamenjasevic. I'm going to cross Ghaem off, he was terrible in this new weight in Euro Champ. I think it will be between SRB, RUS or TUR, also I see a small chance for CRO but I hope Gutu wins it :d Nemes is really hard to score on, he is a tough guy, sometimes very boring

I see two clear fovorites in bottom half, Levai and Lomadze . maybe only 1 or 2 wrestlers like Kuvatov or Liakh can challenge them. my picks :SRB:HUN

87kg:

I see 3 big names in top half, Abbasov, Bisultanov and Komraov. Bradu and Huklek are OK but I don't think they have a realistic chance to qualify. Bisultanov was great until his injury, I'm not sure about his current shape but if he is ready he can beat anybody. Abbasov is getting too many chances by Azerbaijan but he always chokes in important matches, therefore I think European Champion Komarov is the main favorite here. it will be between him and Bisultanov IMO

we have some solid wrestlers in bottom half but I think it will down to AIN/AIN semifinal match, Alirzaev won a tournament in Turkey recently. but Maskevich is very technical and can score big number if he gets his chance in par-terre. also we have the tricky Kessidis (the conman) there might be a slim chance for Khetsuriani or Mukubu. my picks are :SRB:RUS

97kg:

Murtazaliev is a last minute change for Russia and oh boy this kid made me wow in European Champ. the top half is really hard but if he wrestlers as good as that tournament, that's his quota to lose. he also has a not-so-hard path to the SF (only has to beat a mediocre AZE wrestler) but the first quarter is insane with Savolainen, Kakhelasvili, Szoke and Kobliashvili, whoever survives this brutal quarter will be a bit tired too, makes things easier for Murtazaliev

no favorite here, everybody in bottom half can consider himself lucky. I'm very surprised with Turkey's entry, this guy was terrible so far, not sure why they are sending him! Venckaitis and Kajaia are favorite "on paper" but they are simply not good enough. Venckaitis had a dream run at Worlds but lost 3 matches and finished 6th and Kajaia is too old. even the Netherlands has a chance for quota here, or maybe Austria. it's really hard for me to pick one but I try something new this time :d, I say :RUS:NED

130kg:

I see 7 tough guys are in bottom half, any of them can steal a 1-1 win, Kuosmanen (FIN) beat our very talented young wrestler few weeks ago, so I know he is in good shape. Georgia is trying a new guy, you never can underestimate GEO in heavyweight. we also have Chernetsky and that Romanian guy with a long name. any of them can win the quota. but Fredrikas (LTU) has a bye and an easier road to the SF. as I said a 1-1 win is always possible in Super heavyweight, everybody has a chance here, and I mean really everybody

Semenov is the clear favorite in bottom half. he will face the most boring man on the planet Heiki F. Nabi in the QF (Nabi will try for a 1-1 win. that's for sure) he has to beat the winner of Kandelaki/Marvik too. Kandelaki can be dangerous sometimes. still I say :FIN:RUS

Posted (edited)

The lowest half of the 57 kg draw is very tough; anyone of KHOROSHAVTSEVA, HRUSHYNA or KURACHKINA can snatch the quota; my gut feeling is that Khoro will take it, but it's just a personal opinion, I don't see why you could be upset

Edited by Sindo

no huge surprise so far but Nemes and Tibillov are already out. Nemes tried every dirty trick to find a way but simply none of them worked and Tibilov surprisingly lost like an amateur by 4 back to back gut-wrenches.

some guys I would considered as favorites didn't look good in their first matches, I think we will have some surprising quota winners.