website statistics

Wrestling UWW European Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

30 minutes ago, MHSN said:

so France will have at least 1 male wrestler in the Olympics. feel sorry for Sahakyan, he was slightly the better wrestler but lost 3-3 on criteria. :(

As far as I know he also lost in direct fight for quota for Tokyo too :(

Posted (edited)

I think Komarov wasn't in best shape today, he was down in most of his matches but  he is great in gut-wrench, scored so many points with just this Technic and he did that again in the final . personally I like Bisultanov and I think he is the future World/Olympic Champion. maybe he is just not fully recovered yet after his shoulder surgery. 

no drama in 2nd semifinal, Maskevich was just a shadow of himself today and Alirzaev (despite being not good) needed just one step-out point to win the quota. only first Greco quota for Russia !! :yikes:

Edited by MHSN

12 minutes ago, MHSN said:

what happened to Mottaghinia, he was in the original start list. no passport yet ? :mumble: I would even give him a 10-20% chance to qualify

He's injured :(

Posted (edited)

both 97kg semifinal winners didn't score a single point themselves. it was all cautions :thumbdown:

Kobliashvili just somehow survived 3 matches to win the quota. he scored only 1 pt today. 

and Kajaia was about to win the quota. leading the match 2-2 but then he did a stupid singlet grabbing in last 20-30 seconds, simply gifting the quota to Lithuania. 

the same goes to Venckaitis, if I'm not wrong he only scored a 2-point counter attack against the Dutch. the rest of his points were cautions. 

Edited by MHSN

Germany and Russia won the last two quotas at super heavyweight. Germany deserved at least a quota today. most of their guys did good, even at 60kg and 87kg they lost very close matches to eventual finalists. 

12 quotas went to 10 different countries/NOCs. with Turkey and Russian grabbing two. Turkey with 4 quotas so far is the most successful European country in Greco-Roman.

Armenia didn't participate here for obvious reasons but they won 3 already, that put them in second place behind Turkey. 

45 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Germany and Russia won the last two quotas at super heavyweight. Germany deserved at least a quota today. most of their guys did good, even at 60kg and 87kg they lost very close matches to eventual finalists. 

12 quotas went to 10 different countries/NOCs. with Turkey and Russian grabbing two. Turkey with 4 quotas so far is the most successful European country in Greco-Roman.

Armenia didn't participate here for obvious reasons but they won 3 already, that put them in second place behind Turkey. 

I am satisfied with our results. The expectations were not so high. Waiting for one more quota at the next tournament.

Semenov`s quota is 50/50 right now. He was ruled out last year by UWW, but reinstated later. Waiting for the fincal decision by the IOC, his "quota" may be reallocated.

1 hour ago, avlar said:

Я задоволений нашими результатами. Очікування були не такими великими. Чекаю ще одну квоту на наступному турнірі.

Зараз квота Семенова 50/50. Минулого року UWW його виключив, але пізніше відновив. Дочекавшись остаточного рішення МОК, його «квоту» можуть перерозподілити.

"Neutral" wrestler Semenov