website statistics

British Swimming Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

7 minutes ago, Epic Failure said:

Blocksidge's time is still astonishingly good for a junior, let alone a 14 year old jnr. She's almost 40 seconds inside the Euro Jnr standard. Hell, she was inside the Jnr standard for the 800m with the split from that 1500m.

She should be favourite for the Euro juniors. 

Our first British record of the week! So excited to see what the medley can do over the summer. We could field a team that consists of the current British record holders in all 4 strokes.

Marshall's underwaters are fantastic. The 200m is going to be another dogfight. Greenbank has always been better at that distance so he's going to be a threat to the others.

1 minute ago, Epic Failure said:

Our first British record of the week! So excited to see what the medley can do over the summer. We could field a team that consists of the current British record holders in all 4 strokes.

Marshall's underwaters are fantastic. The 200m is going to be another dogfight. Greenbank has always been better at that distance so he's going to be a threat to the others.

And that was a super suit NR.

Oh that's the first real disappointment of the meet. Great that Dawson gets the spot on the team but her time wasn't great given what she put in in the heats - had hoped she'd get under 59.5. I keep changing my mind on whether the medley relay is going to hit the nomination time.  

I also expected Lauren Cox to get the time so for her not to break a minute is a blow. I still think she'll get a place on the squad though. 

6 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Oh that's the first real disappointment of the meet. Great that Dawson gets the spot on the team but her time wasn't great given what she put in in the heats - had hoped she'd get under 59.5. I keep changing my mind on whether the medley relay is going to hit the nomination time.  

I also expected Lauren Cox to get the time so for her not to break a minute is a blow. I still think she'll get a place on the squad though. 

Will be very disappointing to miss the medley relay, 

5 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Bit harsh on Dawson surely? Today is the first time that she's broken the minute since her injury and she's done it twice. She's taken about 0.7 off the time she did in Doha. Steady progress and she obviously has the potential to go much faster if she were to get back to her 2021 form.

I'm much more disappointed in Cox and Harris. They are both way off what they have been previously. Harris at least showed up well in the 200m free.

The medley calculation will come down to whether someone can get close on the fly. I think the other 3 strokes *should* be fine

11 minutes ago, Epic Failure said:

Bit harsh on Dawson surely? Today is the first time that she's broken the minute since her injury and she's done it twice. She's taken about 0.7 off the time she did in Doha. Steady progress and she obviously has the potential to go much faster if she were to get back to her 2021 form.

I'm much more disappointed in Cox and Harris. They are both way off what they have been previously. Harris at least showed up well in the 200m free.

The medley calculation will come down to whether someone can get close on the fly. I think the other 3 strokes *should* be fine

Imagine if the relay misses out by a tiny amount.