website statistics

Taekwondo ETU European Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

10 hours ago, MHSN said:

maybe, just maybe we are reading it wrongly. no way WT can do such a thing, that's like demolishing the Oceania qualifier. because I highly doubt we will see more than 3 competitors in any of those 8 events. maybe max 1 or 2

I think only when it comes to "reallocationg the quotas" they won't give it to the next guy if there are less than 4 competitors and that re-allocated quota will go to the World Ranking. 

Right because the statement is mentioned under reallocation heading rather than continental quota elligibility.

On a flip side WT hosted a camp for Oceania nations in which :FIJ:PNG:KIR:SOL:TGA participated. The nations were asked to nominate 4 for the camp and after extensive research found that all of them had a representative in W -67, M -68 and+80 or it's preceding non Olympic class. It's no brainer that Australia will not chose these weights so the problem will be for Australia rather these nations.

With no restrictions here are my qualified predictions:

Women's

49 :PNG

57 :AUS

67 :TGA

+67:AUS

Mens

58:AUS

68 :SOL

80:AUS

+80 :KIR This however is the most open category with even :PNG:SOL in the mix. I don't know if Pita will return but still I'm not going to count on him even if he does.

16 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Petro Stolbova goes into the Czech history books as the first Taekwondo qualifier from her country. 

Yeah, true. Thanks a lot. Will also be waiting whether Tatiana Minina is allowed. If not, :CZE Dominika Hronová would probably take that spot as she lost to Minina and finished 3rd in the tournament. 

13 hours ago, prso1000 said:

World tour as in Judo and not Tennis. 

why you are always so negative about everything. 😂

well, there's not much diffence, except for the money involved...;)

and actually, I first thought about fencing...that's why I'm afraid it won't work as well as we might think

I'm not negative, I know what the current global situation is...and most small sports federations have enormous problems to get enough money to run their routine activity, so I'm concerned about something that's gonna increase the costs for WA rather than saving/better spend their money

15 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Yeah, true. Thanks a lot. Will also be waiting whether Tatiana Minina is allowed. If not, :CZE Dominika Hronová would probably take that spot as she lost to Minina and finished 3rd in the tournament. 

I thought it was pretty informative that despite every weight awarding 2 quotas, they had a third place play off :d

6 minutes ago, dodge said:

I thought it was pretty informative that despite every weight awarding 2 quotas, they had a third place play off :d

Well, somebody did not take it seriously as Hronová should have had :LAT opponent for the 3rd place match but her opponent did not appear, she was awarded 3rd place and now waiting if she can get the spot. 

On 3/11/2024 at 11:47 AM, Jan Linha said:

So some news on Minina and Khramstsov. 

I do not think Czech Republic will stay quiet. I hope your national federation and NOC are aware of these facts.