website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans in 2024

10 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

BREAKING: The AIU has provisionally suspended Norbert Kobielski (Poland) for Presence/Use of a Prohibited Substance (Pentedrone norephedrine metabolite)

As I wrote on athletics thread, he admit that he did drink too much energy drinks... :facepalm: And earlier he was banned by using, for medical reason, marijuana :wacko:

On 7/19/2024 at 2:03 AM, Makedonas said:

There have been some clues in the Greek media and based on that I am 99% sure it is Kyriaki Filtisakou, a race walker. And yesterday our Olympic committee announced there will be 100 athletes going to Paris (when before they were saying there would be 101).

Now it is official, she's out of Paris 2024 of course.

7 minutes ago, El Analyzer said:

from Tunisian media :

Amine Guennichi - 130 kg GR Wrestler is banned for doping offence ..couldn't find the news in any other UWW or IOC sources.  

@MHSN

his name is not on ITA's list either 

https://ita.sport/sanction/united-world-wrestling-uww/

but sometimes they are a bit slow, if this is true, his name will appear in this list some time soon. (unless this is a local test thing)

5 minutes ago, MHSN said:

his name is not on ITA's list either 

https://ita.sport/sanction/united-world-wrestling-uww/

but sometimes they are a bit slow, if this is true, his name will appear in this list some time soon. (unless this is a local test thing)

If I got any official announcement I will post it here.

But having the competition on 5th of Aug .. would it be possible to invite someone (from Africa or Olympic qualification tournament) or they will live with only 15 wrestler!

2 minutes ago, El Analyzer said:

If I got any official announcement I will post it here.

But having the competition on 5th of Aug .. would it be possible to invite someone (from Africa or Olympic qualification tournament) or they will live with only 15 wrestler!

Tunisia still can send someone else , the quota belongs to the NOC, not the wrestler.

but if they don't, there is nobody else in African qualifier to replace him. only 2 wrestlers finished the competition in that weight. (2 more guys were there but they got disqualified for not finishing the round robin competition) 

per rules, this should become a universality quota but I think it's impossible to go through that process in such a short time. therefore this goes to the next best ranked wrestler at the 2023 World Championships which is Lithuania.

but I also think it's possible if they do it with 15 wrestlers. (which means seed #1 will get a bye in the first round)

Amine Guennichi suspendu 4 ans pour dopage… juste avant les JO – Sport.fr

it's official 

with my basic French it looks like he is suspended for 4 years. @Benolympique 

:TUN Media says the offence was done earlier and he was allowed to compete waiting the final decision!

21 hours ago, MHSN said:

Tunisia still can send someone else , the quota belongs to the NOC, not the wrestler.

but if they don't, there is nobody else in African qualifier to replace him. only 2 wrestlers finished the competition in that weight. (2 more guys were there but they got disqualified for not finishing the round robin competition) 

per rules, this should become a universality quota but I think it's impossible to go through that process in such a short time. therefore this goes to the next best ranked wrestler at the 2023 World Championships which is Lithuania.

but I also think it's possible if they do it with 15 wrestlers. (which means seed #1 will get a bye in the first round)

Yes it's official, 

The wrestler has been suspended for 4 years due to a violation of anti-doping rules. The incident dates back 8 months when members of ANAD - the National Anti-Doping Agency - went to the elite center to test the athlete. The athlete was in his room and did not come out until 7 PM (the ANAD members had been there since the morning). Finally, the athlete took the test, which came back negative. Initially, the athlete was provisionally suspended but was eventually exonerated after presenting a medical prescription proving he was taking medication to help him sleep and had slept all day. Subsequently, ANAD reported the matter to WADA, which filed a complaint with the Court of Arbitration for Sport. Ultimately, they decided to suspend the athlete for 4 years.

---

From Romanian media: the 28 yo athlete Florentina Iusco (long jump/triple jump) has been suspended for 2 years.

it's an interesting story: Iusco was tested positive on 23.04.2023 (furosemid) but our domestic anti-doping agency issued just a warning, considering the athlete was not responsible for taking this drug! WADA appealed against this sentence, and TAS ruled a 2-year ban for Iusco.

If the lights light up exactly at the correct moment, he was definitely first, since his light went on first. Not sure if those lights are 100% accurate though?