website statistics

Table Tennis ITTF Team World Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Do you guys know if after beating :ENG England, Romania has any chance of qualifying via the world rankings? Of course, we can't stand a chance against China, but I am quite confused about how world rankings work and how many points we'll get in the world rankings after these World Championships.

13 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

This is after removing points obtained from the 2022 Team World Championships. So teams which made the R16 or further in 2022 have currently lost points while teams with a poor 2022 (like Nigeria and Denmark) have increased in points already.

We'll have a clearer picture tomorrow as to who has qualified to the Olympics.

Does this mean that Germany is already mathematically qualified, since they will get, at worst, the first quote place through the World Ranking? 

Just now, EselTheDonkey said:

Does this mean that Germany is already mathematically qualified, since they will get, at worst, the first quote place through the World Ranking? 

Germany is safe, still I hope you beat Iran😉

5 minutes ago, Ionut said:

Do you guys know if after beating :ENG England, Romania has any chance of qualifying via the world rankings? Of course, we can't stand a chance against China, but I am quite confused about how world rankings work and how many points we'll get in the world rankings after these World Championships.

If India and Hong Kong win, no chance via the ranking 

2 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

Germany is safe, still I hope you beat Iran😉

I mean, their goal should of course be to win a medal again both at the Olympics as well as here at the WC. And both will IMO be more difficult than it has been for a long time, with South Korea, japan, Sweden and France as strong opponents (China is out of reach anyway). Losing to Iran would be a disaster and a terrible sign for Paris as well. But it still feels good to know that they are mathematically through. :p

So the Rnd 16 teams have been decided. Assuming that group winners are also the quarter-finalists, those who qualify are :JPN:SLO:KOR:POR:GER 
This leaves four teams who can qualify by rankings, heres my rankings scenario
1 - :TPE 3570 pts
2 - :CRO 2316 pts

3 - :DEN 2084 pts
4 - :IND 1942 pts
8 - :POL 1414 pts
9 - :GBR 1410 pts